Author Topic: Hello old friends!  (Read 976 times)

Offline wookieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • wookie has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello old friends!
« on: May 22, 2022, 08:54:39 PM »
Not sure what to say here.

Recently got into a wreck that limited my mobility and i work form home for the next forseeable future and ive taken back up UO and scripting.

So im back here making an introduction a decade later again.!!

hopefully yall are still active but it looks to be somewhat active! see yall on the boards

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hello old friends!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 02:47:20 AM »
A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughtful introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!
Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the stickied examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a couple paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in English.)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 04:56:38 AM »
Goodmorning,
Sorry about that, it was late last night and i hadd spent hours and hours online already before i decided to register here.

Well, i played UO in the late 80's at the end of highschool until about 2001 and then we switched to Everquest for the next 12 years our our lives lol... i played UO again for about a year or so after college in 2009 ( this is when i started scripting ). Here recently I got a divorce, so i have alot of free time on my hand. I couldnt believe it when i saw Ultima online was still up and running, i thought what better way to waste my time than to enjoy some nostalgia and get back into scripting UO. I also recently moved to a remote position as a systems engineer and i work form home now, and that makes it easy to monitor scripts running all day and tweak them as i need for my purposes and write my own. Currently im relearning and gathering documentaion andreverse engieneering alot of this to remeber whats going on and adjust and incorporate into my own master scripts.

currently im working on getting my support class scripts set up with the autofollow that pauses max buff and heal distance, trying to twist that into a pet fighing class that heals and monitors poisons for entire party plus assisting in pet damage. this is basically me pieceing together things that work and i havebeen working wth jsut old old scripts and having to adjust them. ive remebered alot and have gathered a ton of resourses to continue and relearn everything, and i have the most important comodity, time!

looking forward to getting to know everyone and share my ideas and posts and help everyone get better and have fun!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 11:42:55 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your expanded introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 02:11:16 PM »
i meant in the late 90's!!!!     haha   thank you much!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 04:11:46 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thank you for the update!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 06:33:11 PM »
Welcome back to the game.  Enjoy what we have to offer and how know made we can see your work.
We are here to help if you need help,   Welcome again

Tags: