Author Topic: Recommended compact size notebook for running UO programs....  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Kane12Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone have any suggestions on the best price notebook or something small that would run UO for scripting? Not familiar with the notebooks if that is the way to go or if they are making inexpensive laptops maybe?

Offline kubism

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • kubism has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended compact size notebook for running UO programs....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:40:56 PM »
A friend of mine recently picked up a gateway laptop from best buy for about $380 with tax. Nothing fancy, but should run UO just fine. Check out the sale section for deals, I'd stay with normal notebooks and not the smaller "net books"

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: Recommended compact size notebook for running UO programs....
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »
My advice is stay away from netbooks, opt for a SMALL laptop instead (12" or something like that). Just make sure it has a legit processor (not one of the netbook processors) and a decent amount of ram (BARE MINIMUM 2GB, preferrably 3 or 4). Other than that, all other options are just personal preference
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: