Author Topic: Wrestling and Parrying Question  (Read 3009 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Wrestling and Parrying Question
« on: June 25, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »
Can a mage have 120 wrestling and a spellbook in one hand and 120 parrying with a shield in the other hand and still get the full benefits of Wrestling AND parrying? Curious to know if having the shield in the off-hand negates the wrestling combat rating. If it does that renders my defense useless and turns 45 DCI into a waste of mods. I don't think the shield interferes with wrestling but wanted to check before I suit up, anyone know?

There's a ton of posts online about which is best for a mage(parry vs wrestling) but I specifically want to know if you can use both, thanks.

120 stealth
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
120 parrying
120 resist
120 wrestling
60 Magery(20 real, 40 from items, no LRC on suit... recall from books and mark scrolls is enough)

Purely defensive toon with all 70's resist, cap health regen, 25 hit increase and 50 DCI while in white tiger form or insane regen while in dog form. legendary resist/parry/wrestling. The toon needs to occasionally stand in the fire in an unfriendly archer heavy environment, nothing else. He's bait for my thief, the defense is to buy a few seconds :)

A full virtue armor set takes care of all 70's resist and is blessed so costs nothing on death. Same with Hephaestus for a shield. Cincture, cloak, talisman etc are also blessed with no durability rating... only the ring/bracelet cost anything to insure, perfect for a toon who's only purpose is to look afk.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:55:19 PM by Gemviper »

Offline savestheyday

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • savestheyday has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestling and Parrying Question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 08:27:59 PM »
Can a mage have 120 wrestling and a spellbook in one hand and 120 parrying with a shield in the other hand and still get the full benefits of Wrestling AND parrying?

Yes, just keep in mind that there is a penalty to parry with < 80 dex

Tags: