Author Topic: My New System  (Read 21749 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
My New System
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:38:08 AM »
+1
Items can be found HERE

Ok, I'm going to list out parts that I'm going to use to rebuild my old PC.

I'll keep this first post updated with any changes along the way.

Feel free to post comments, likes, dislikes, etc...

I came up a little over my $500.00 limit, but this includes a Hard Drive and OS I wasn't planning on. Had to compromise 4GB of ram from 8G to 4G as well. I may have a little play room to go 8G ram, but I think I'll try to sneak a 23" monitor in there.

Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131646
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard $119.99

CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103851
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX $179.99

RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145251
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model TW3X4G1333C9A $49.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM $99.99

Hard Drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136533
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $89.99

DVD/CD Burner:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106335
LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS424-98 LightScribe Support $25.99

Total: $565.94

- $10.00 Mail in on MB
- $10.00 Mail in on RAM
------------------

Total: $545.94
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:25:09 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: My New System
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 09:47:47 AM »
+1
Whatcha gonna do about a video card?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:14:29 AM »
+1
Whatcha gonna do about a video card?

UO isn't all that graphics intensive ROFL... That's the only thing I play on my PC. Later on, if I ever get a game requiring graphics, I'll just add in an ATI card.

Right now, I think the onboard graphics will suffice... unless anyone knows any better? The MB uses this:

ATI Radeon HD 4250 build-in 128MB DDR3 1333 SidePort Memory and has D-Sub + DVI, 1 x HDMI.

Here's a video of CoD: MW2 using the ATI Mobility 4250 chip. Looking at this I'm thinking UO should run just fine?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:34:57 AM by Cerveza »
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 01:07:33 PM »
+1
If UO is all you play, you are going overkill to the extreme.. but I'm guessing you know this.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:13:17 PM by Cerveza »

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »
+1
2d graphics speed hasn't changed all that much over the years.  It's still the same, and basically relies heavily on your cpu.  And the x6 will be fine for it. :)  I have the x4 and love mine, even tho I wish it was a bit faster overall, it performs very well.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 03:32:42 AM »
+1
I'm pretty solid on the items so far. The only thing I'm waffling on is the Motherboard. I'm debating which on-board graphics to go with.

I definitely want the USB 3.0 and SATA 6G. Almost everything comes with 8 channel audio now. In addition, since I'll be using on-board video for a while (for ever?) I want something that is decent for the limited gaming I do with this system.

What I don't need for a Motherboard is the CrossfireX or any dual video card stuff. I tried that once and was very disappointed with it. The trouble to benefit ratio was severely skewed towards trouble.

Everything else is pretty much a lock. 4GB should be enough RAM for my needs, and if I need more I can get 2 more sticks of the same raising it to 8GB. The Hard Drive and DVD/CD Burner are both locks as well unless someone can show me something better for the price. The CPU seems like the absolute best at that price range, and from what I've read the stock cooling works awesome for them. I would like a heat pipe on it instead of fan, but I'm not sure I want to start adding in stuff like that.

If you look at my WISHLIST you'll see a monitor in there as well. The on-board video will support dual monitor and I'm trying to sneak in another one to go with my 19" Samsung. This is something I haven't researched as much. Does it look like a good one for the price?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »
+1
I hope someone can answer this....

Since I won't be getting a video card soon (ever?) is there a big difference between the ATI Radeon HD 4250 and the 4290's?

That will determine which Motherboard I end up with. There's one that's about $40.00 more and the only real difference is the on board video.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
+1
The core clocks are different.  500 for the 50 and 700 for the 90.  Probly not a ton of difference other than that.  I didn't read closely tho.  They both suck, one just sucks a little less. :)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »
+1
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »
+1

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 06:06:11 AM »
+1
I may be putting this system on order tomorrow...

Any last thoughts?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 06:26:57 AM »
+1
Did i send you the correct address to send the items to? lol. It looks good and for what you need i would stay with the on board video. At a later date if you need more video power you can buy a seperate card.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 05:55:24 AM »
+1
Trigger Pulled.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »
+1
Final Cost?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »
+1
I'm liking my new GTX460.  Makes WoW like feel like budda!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: