Author Topic: Sampire  (Read 167546 times)

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2009, 04:32:59 PM »
Kinda Curious, has anyone soloed Mel using a whammy.  I know I've seen youtube video's, but I think that's when the ecru brace 50% enhance pot bug worked a few years back.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2009, 10:47:59 AM »
I haven't had a chance yet to refit my sammy to a whammy.  One of these days.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2009, 04:47:25 PM »
I got my suit complete now.. I spent the last 3-4 day's running the Battle Axe donator from winuo. with a little bit of tweaking I got it running how I like it, fully equipped with auto logger, hiding during donations, and a little more gold on hand. I finally got my Mace and Shield glasses.  now I just need to convert my fencer over to swords. and I'll be set.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2009, 04:08:40 AM »
Don't forget to put the finished "auto logger" into that other post with c2's log script.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Daeus

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Daeus has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2009, 06:26:33 AM »
Excellent info in here!  I just started turning my decent pally/fencer into a Wammy.  I'm aiming for something similar to what OMGburgers runs.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2009, 08:44:47 AM »
Excellent info in here!  I just started turning my decent pally/fencer into a Wammy.  I'm aiming for something similar to what OMGburgers runs.

Just remember the nerfing to the Sampire template.  It requires high necromancy now to maintain Vampiric touch.  Sounds like people are liking Wraith Form just as well anyhow.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Daeus

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2009, 08:51:45 AM »
Yeah I realized that after reading through the thread, hence the reasoning for going wammy and not sampire.  :D

Offline Daeus

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2009, 02:50:12 PM »
Sorry I may have missed it, but what kind of equipment are you wearing on your Whammy, OMGburgers?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »
The Sampire is not to be overlooked and just as strong in my opinion prior to the change in Necromancy. Eventually with honor, DI, EoE, Tactics, and Anatomy your gonna cap out at damage allowed at 300%. You get a sampire with Magic Resists and you probably have the best all around Champion Spawn template out there in my opinion. Perhaps not the #1 choice for dealing directly with the Champion Bosses themselves but for progressing the current 11 spawns we have today I'll take a sampire as my first choice over the whammy (which on most templates lacks Magic Resists) and also over the Necro-Mage-Wither-Perpetual-Peacer- Spawner-Spammer.

I just recently made a sampire and it is an awesome character for using to advance Champion Spawns.  I need to test more on solo'ing Bosses but I did solo a Paragon Cu Sidhe which is a very good measuring bar for the highest end monsters the game has to offer.

Template:

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Magic Resists
100 Necromancy
75 Chivalry
65 Spirit Speak or Anatomy (I go with Spirit Speak)

Sampire is still a very viable template. You have your default 20% Life Leech from Vampire Form coupled with 20% Dragon Barding damage reduction. Then with the 65 Spirit Speak that still buys you 13 seconds of +50% Life Leech via Curse Weapon which will stack and give 70% Life Leech when things start getting crazy.

Gear and Equipment:

Soulseeker and Whirlwind are the life-blood of this template.

Faction Artifacts are the way to go with the increase in Resists and item properties.

Head: Faction Mace and Shields with the 10% Damage Bonus Increase
Neck: Heartwood Woodland Gorget with 10% Damage Increase and either LMC or MR
Arms: Heartwood Woodland Arms with 10% Damage Increase and either LMC or MR
Ring & Bracelet: DI 20% give or take, with DCI and LMC, and if possible with some resist to balance out the armor
Legs: Faction Fey Leggings
Chest: Rune Beetle Carapace
Gloves: Heartwood Woodland Gauntlets with 10% Damage Increase and either LMC or MR (Stormgrip is way too low in Fire and Poison for this template)

For my money it doesn't get much better. You get a soul seeker with 100 DI and your in business to deal out some serious damage! You got a weapon 2.5 SW with 60% SSI and 100 DI to boot with the best special move in the game. Whirlwind!

Sampire can do better in some situations than the Whammy and Vice Versa. Why not have both!? :P

Offline Daeus

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2009, 07:09:22 AM »
That's the first template I've seen without parry.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »
Got Parry on the Whammy template but no resists:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Parry
100 Spirit Speak
90 Chivalry
50 Necromancy

30 Seconds of 50% Life Leech. I still use a Swamp Dragon on this guy as much as possible. This is the template I usually use to take down Peerless or Champion Bosses (Dreadhorn, Paroxysmus, Rikktor, Semindar, Meraktus) because of the mana supply comes so handy.

Both templates above are awesome and fun to play!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
Anyone have this Template with Archery?

Offline Daeus

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2009, 07:36:01 PM »
The guy I'm switching over at the moment is going to be:

120 Fencing
120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Tact
90 Chiv
50 Necro

And then swapping between 100 Anat, 100 SS, and 100 resist that will be on stones depending on what's need.

I really need to figure my gear out though.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2009, 08:42:43 PM »
Anyone have this Template with Archery?

No! Not yet but I'm working on it! I've started macroing a Necro Archer with Resist to use at Champ Spawns. Not 100% sure what I'm gonna run but I'm thinking along the same lines as the sampire template just replacing the Archery with swords...or close to it. I'm thinking I want to run with 70% stacked Leech for 30 seconds and Magic resists.

Running an archer in wraith form I'm not so sure is a wise idea...mobility and being able to pick and choose targets is one of the strongest advantages of the archer. I'd have to see someone do it and do it real good before I'd consider it viable.

120 Archery
120 Bushido
120 Magic Resists
100 Tactics
99 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
61 Chivalry (Hopefully some jewelry with either +/- Chivalry or Spirit Speak so I can balance those 2 skills)

It's going to be a little while before I get this template up and running because there are soo many things in the game I want to do and still have some skills on other characters that I need to finish up.

But I'm pretty confident with a super fast bow that this template would do very well in alot of situations. Using SS and confidence to heal as well as Vampire Form and Curse Weapon template should be able to absorb quite a bit of damage when dumped on.

I'll follow up with results once I get template up and running.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2009, 08:45:46 PM »
The guy I'm switching over at the moment is going to be:

120 Fencing
120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Tact
90 Chiv
50 Necro

And then swapping between 100 Anat, 100 SS, and 100 resist that will be on stones depending on what's need.

I really need to figure my gear out though.

How are you going to heal or leech though say if you have Anatomy on there or Resist?

I say throw 100 SS on that template and you got yourself a winner.

Tags: