Author Topic: Sampire  (Read 162772 times)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2008, 04:54:33 AM »
But I had to sell the account I used ;(

I'm starting over and only have 115's in skills and went the fencing route this time so I can evade with my blackthorn kryss' in doom :P.  I will surely miss the nasty exiler though!!  I bet i'll be switching back to macing eventually haha.

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »
wow.. Im going to have to start making some real cash if I want to buy 120 scrolls for my Warrior..
My Bard is all set with 120's. boy was that expensive... its going to be even worse for a warrior.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2008, 05:03:01 PM »
Changing to a luck suit during the heat of battle is pretty ballzy I must say. I think I would get dropped right quick :'(

I've been running with a Heartwood Darkwood Suit with Protection cast so far little to no troubles. No HLD required for a kickass suit like this  :P

I find the extra DI helps me alot. A heartwood suit with these properties is a major pain in the ass to make. Anyone attempting to make such a suit I wish you the best of luck.

Darkwood Crown +10% Damage
Darkwood Gorget +10% Damage
Darkwood Chest +10% Damage
Darkwood Pauldrons +10% Damage
Darkwood Gauntlets +5% HCI
Darkwood Leggings +5% HCI

Ring HCI 13% DI 23% Physical Resist 11%
Bracelet HCI 11% DCI 9% DI 13% +8 Str
Valorite Shield HCI 11% DCI 12% 5/3/3/3/3

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
100 Spirit Speak
90 Chivalry
35 Necromancy

Melissa Cloak for the +5% Fire Resist instead of the Quiver of Infinity as I'm well maxed out on DCI.

This give me a whopping 70/58/70/70/75 Resist in Vamp form with 45HCI and 45 DCI and 96 DI. This with the mighty SoulSeeker and the corrupted Unicorn falls rather easily so long as I keep Curse Weapon up. Still use exceptional Dragon Barding for the added protection.

Gonna have to try Paroxymus or Darkfather soon.

Still working on my mace character and gonna try OMG's method and see how I fair in wraith form.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:05:52 PM by ultima »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2008, 08:40:06 PM »
man that's amazing how you guys can solo boss's.. I'm defiantly going to try to keep building my characters up to this point.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2008, 10:37:13 AM »
I remember looking in awe at people who stood toe to toe with Miasma. LOL! He would kill me in one hit and it required all kinds of tactics and strategy in order to take him down and loot his pile of 2200 gold. Then I started learning about HCI/DCI, Vamp form and the all mighty life leech Curse Weapon(50% leech). Now I can pretty much do miasma unattented and just pull in gold. Vamp form alone is enough for him don't need to cast Curse Weapon only for the really powerful foes.

Then the goal became the corrupted unicorn...

You really just have to brave it and dive in there and test things out and learn from your mistakes. Be prepared to have your head handed to you as part of the learning curve. Have fun with it and don't be afraid of failure.

The first time I went in against the grumpy unicorn my hands were trembling and I was on the verge of breaking a sweat. LOL! Now it's a walk in the park and the question is do I want to spent 18 mins pounding keys hoping I get a good peerless drop.

The real secret is the Curse Weapon spell (50% Life Leech)  +(Vamp form 20%) and your at 70% Leech. Keep Curse Weapon up at all times and you should have no problems. Remember for every 10 points you have in Spirit Speak Curse weapon will last 3 seconds. I had to learn this the hardway :-[
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:39:19 AM by ultima »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2008, 10:29:19 PM »
wow.. I couldn't believe it.... I got my 35 necro.. I picked up a enough jewelry to cast wraith form.
I went down to despise and started to fight ogre lords..  before I couldn't stand in front of one for more than 5 seconds before I had to run away and heal. now as a Wraith, with curse weapon, and just for fun I casted a Wisp. I was able to sit there and fight him until the Ogre Lord died.. I was Amazed..

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 05:36:27 AM »
do you guys wear LRC to keep casting Curse weapon? or do you bring a load of necro regs with you?
or a bit of both?

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2008, 06:06:24 AM »
I use 18lrc.  I only take pig iron and nox crystal.  Usually like 50/500 depending how long i feel like spending out somewhere (Like doom).

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2008, 06:09:26 AM »
ok.. now i'm playing with my template a little bit.
I see OMG has Parry, and no Atatomy?
then ultima has no parry, and uses Atatomy...
pro's\cons?

oh and what about stats?
100/115/35?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:12:20 AM by Khameleon »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2008, 07:33:12 PM »
Ugh! Sigh! ???

I just spend about 2 hours trying to solo Paroxymus and got my ass handed to me. I'm so stinkin' mad now. What worked for Dreadhorn did not work for the Demon Prince. The putrefier was hellacoius too.

I had to walk out of there with my tail between my legs. I should have brought my Necro Archer Samurai. What is that a Sarchire?LOL! I wonder how he would have done against Paroxymus.

I usually just carry 200+ Pig Iron (50 Nox Cystal 50 Batwing in case I die so I can revamp) and I rely on my soul seeker to leech mana. I stoned my parry because I didn't see it help me with DH and the Anatomy adds quite a bit of damage bonus that increases my leech output.

The heartwood suit adds +10 HP so my total stats running are  Str 144 Dex 100 Int 37. For 144 HP 100 Stamina and 57 Mana. The unicorn is no problem for me at all but Paroxymus dropped me several times. Had him down to about 1/2 and then I gave up because he kept killing me. :-[

I'm going to do some more research on Paroxy and found out what the hell I did wrong. I'm probably going to stone Anatomy and throw parry back on for Paroxy.

OMG any tips on the Demon Prince? I kept Evade and Curse Weapon up and he still dropped me 8 times. He would leech my stamina and then I would be toast. I'll post more of my results after more experimenting with Paroxymus.

The Demon Prince has not seen the last of me rest assured :P
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:36:30 PM by ultima »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2008, 07:53:06 PM »
OMG,

When Paroxymus blasts you with the big 60HP Poison hits are you pulling back and healing up?

I think my mistake was being to stubborn and not retreating and healing up a bit and staying in there toe to toe with him too long when my health was at like 1/4 relying on the leech to save my life...

I need to learn a little more respect for the Demon Prince perhaps...

Healing would also have come in very handy I think on this template to allow for the pullback and healing.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2008, 06:52:26 AM »
Use a weapon with feint and there's no need to move :)

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »
Tessen Daicho and hm...? Still havent found a good weapon with feint on it :(
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2008, 09:54:16 AM »
The blog I went by used a tessen to solo paramox.  I used a daisho w/ DI, SSI, Manaleech & stamina leech.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2008, 01:58:25 PM »
so.. I should stone parry then and gain anatomy..
I don't think i'm quite ready for any boss's yet.

Tags: