Ultima Online Fan Board > Player Templates

Archer template for a beginner

(1/5) > >>

Cerveza:
My son (9) wants to get in some UO with me. I've had him do some support stuff, but he wants to get into some real PvM stuff.

He likes archery, so I'm going to be making one of my char slots an Archer for him. They do still have blue archers in the game don't they?

So, list out some good PvM survivable templates, and I'll talk them over with him.

120 Archery
115 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
105 Chivalry
100 Hiding
80 Stealth

Thats a decent damage archer, and with hiding/stealth he'd be pretty survivable.

I think we'll pass on bushido right away. Having him take care of a Lesser Hiryu as well as himself might be a little rough on a noob.

He does want to do some magery too.....

120 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
110 Magery
100 Med
90 Chivalry

We're still talking about it. He needs to learn what the skills are so he can figure out what he wants to do. I told him he needs to start from scratch to learn the game up first, but he's not keen on that idea.

I told him he could start making fancy shirts for gold the way I did, then buying some GM armor and weapons to slay Bears and Wolves. Then move up to the dreaded Skeletons and Lizardmen.

12TimesOver:
LOL NOOOOOO! You'll ruin the game for him!!! :P

I'll never forget the months I spent working on my first character. I was so ticked off at my buddy when he was able to leave the Haven newbie area and go to the Moonglow cemetary without me. It wasn't until I was in Shame hitting earthies six months in that I found EUO.

I say ditch the hiding and stealth and throw Resist on instead and go 6x120 but only to 110 or 115 with the rest in hiding to start maybe but turned down to raise other skills to 120 after.

Whatever you do I'm sure he'll have fun!!

XII

Toptwo:
I say have him start with 50 archery, and 50 tactics..buy everything else up. That way he would have a chance right off the bat for killing lizardmen...then he could sell the hides for gold...more fun to be killing liz men, collecting gold, selling hides, raising skills...then to sit and make fancy shirts! Besides, he can be training at the same time, and the hides sell for good money! Plus, if he is doing his training, and hide collecting in Despise...he has a chance for a marty drop! Nothing like getting a free 70's suit (well all except the cloak) but by the time he collects the rest of the pcs, he will be ready to do the quest for the cloak!

Toptwo

Cerveza:
Well, I better nip this one right now.

He won't start out as a noob.

You obviously don't have much experience with 9 yr olds. He knows I have millions, high end stuff, and good UO bling. There is absolutely no way he'll be out shooting at rabbits now that he's seen me face a Dark Father.

Yes it would be a good way for him to learn the game, but he's grown up in an age of accelerated game learning curve. He has no desire to work his way up, only to get into the game and start adventuring with me.

So... templates?

12TimesOver:
I gave you my template idea and I have a 9 year old although the 3 year old is more interested in video games then she is.

Your first template is good, just replace Stealth with Resist.

XII

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version