Ultima Online Fan Board > Player Templates

Sampire

(1/54) > >>

Khameleon:
Can someone explain this a little more.
and possibly post a good Template

TrailMyx:
Hopefully Cerveza can weigh in on this; he's probably the foremost sampire expert...

Pearls:
Well im lacking my armor and weapon atm but i can tell u my template. Im just saving up money to rebuild my sammi. Some people run diff templates, but this template always worked for me.

90 anatomy
90 tactics
90 healing
120 bushido
100 parry (best to have a ring or bracelet with skill to get this higher)
120 weapon skill
76 chivalry
34 necro

Best to play as an elf. Go into vamp form using: (bloodwood spirit +5 necro, midnight bracers +20 necro, ossian grimoire +10 necro, ring +15 necro, bracelet +15 necro ===> wear this and ull have 99 necro skill total, enough to cast vamp form). This is not your main suit, this u wear with u in backpack, in case u die, you equip this and cast vamp form.

Basically sampires are based on leeching life tru damaging the opponent. With vamp form you will leech life tru the mod 'mana leech' on your weapon. So basically u want to use a weapon with high mana leech on it. Evidently you will also want to be doing maxed out damage, this we achieve tru 100% damage increase on the suit, honouring our opponent, and enemy of one with chivalry.
This puts us at 300% damage.

Example of gear:

Mace and shields
Jackalls Collar
Fey Leggings
Gloves of Nobility
Runebeetle Carapace
High pois/fire resist sleeves with hpi sti lmc
Primer on Damage Removal
Crimson Cincture
ring with dci, di, (dex/str/int), skill, hci/ep
bracelet with same as ring
Quiver of Infinity (5dci)

weapon: elven spellblade 2H (just out of my head example)

di 45 ssi 25 hml 40 hll 42 hla 42

=> examples of other weapons: ornate axe, diamond mace, katana, leafblade.. best to have high ssi thou, the more u hit, the more u leech
http://users.lmi.net/~noodle/netathene/guilds/Posts/ . Best to go with 2 handed weapons and no shield cos we use bushido and parry. U could put a 2 h weapon in your main, and put a 1h in your alternative so u can chug for example.

=> use the scribe bug to get +5 in elemental resists. Could try reactive armor and the other one, to see which way is best to achieve max resists.

=> for hci we use lightning strike, but its always good to have hci in case we run out of mana

=> basically you want to have high dci di (hci) hml ssi, max resists in vamp form
=> best of course to have a mix of hla and hld on the gear as well, hll hsl of course are also good as well. Depending on your weapon u might need to take mace and shield glasses or folded steel glasses.

Well i hope this helped u a bit, Cerveza is probably ten times better at explaining it to you, since hes been doing this before my sampire was even born ;)

12TimesOver:

--- Quote from: Pearls on August 24, 2008, 01:25:36 AM ---Basically sampires are based on leeching life tru damaging the opponent. With vamp form you will leech life tru the mod 'mana leech' on your weapon. So basically u want to use a weapon with high mana leech on it.

--- End quote ---
Nice write-up Pearls, just one comment though -

I don't believe mana leech has anything to do with it. In Vamp I believe you leech life just by doing damage. Mana leech is nice for non-stop specials and lightning strikes, etc but has no bearing on the life leech. Of course this means you have to hit in order to leech life thus 45+ HCI and 120 weapon are essential.

The other option is to go the Necro/Dexxer route and use wraith form for non-stop mana and curse weapon for the life leech.

X

Pearls:
I was under that impression that we leech truout mana leech on the weapon. My bad ;) We learn something new every day. Yours does make more sense hehe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version