Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Producer's Letter - Where are we and what the heck are we doing?  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Producer's Letter - Where are we  and what the heck are we doing?

Where are we?  Busy.  
By the time you read this, our Valentine’s
Day publish should be out the door. Just so you know, a handful of our
intrepid developers braved the snowy wilds of Northern Virginia to get
everything staged and delivered.  Now if that isn’t love, I don’t
know what is.  This publish was the first step toward a six- month
dev cycle for updates to the live game and updating some Stygian Abyss
(SA) content.
We’ve made some core updates to Mysticism
that from early reviews seem to be on the right track … For our publish
in March we’re taking another look at the entire Mysticism spell line
and amping it up a bit. Yes, I know … we didn’t just add an expansion
and then move on, we really meant what we said about continuing  to
support what we’ve put out into the community.  Also, we’ve
got some artifacts for humans that were never released for SA content.
We have to get those out too.
And given that … what about Magincia?
It’s just … there like the Statue of Liberty at the end of Ghostbusters
II. (Esoteric reference +5 points) I will tell you there are four major
topics that the team is discussing at present:
What follows is in no way a schedule
or in any way meant to imply that these things will happen in the near
term, but instead to give you a peek where my head is and what the team
is iterating on …

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=1018

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
HAHAHAHAHAH THEY ARE PLAYING ON BAJA!!!!! I"M GONNA GET SOOO BUSTED WITH THE ARMY!!!!!!!!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
You guys should try and find them so they can finally be enlightened with the finer art of scripting.  Let them evaluate their lootz by hand!!  NOT!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Stop EUO?  Might as well just pull the plug on all the OSI servers now...

:P

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
we should all go to baja to pawn thier newbie backsides.  I bet thier not training up thier skills by hand .. its the set magery 1200 tick for sure.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
HAHAHAHA, LAMEZ YES EVERYONE COME TO BAJA!! JOIN MY GUILD!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WE MUST KILL ALL THE BLUES!!!!!

*PREPS EXPLO AND Drops it on the just ressed dude in gz and makes a mad dash away*
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
Manwinc, if you know what guild the devs are in I'll drop my tag and join you for some ownage!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Hee hee, I have no idea what guild they are in, but I hope it ISN'T SI,

Or maybe I do hope it is SI :)

SOoooooo many screenshots with Twinkle McNugget script....... soooo many beautiful Screenshots......
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
Hahahaha I can only imagine it being SI. I doubt it is though. If it is a dev only guild (maybe it's not?) SI is probably too big. Although it'd be funny to have them be in guilds with other players in vent talking about scripts hahaha

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
We did just add a few new members to our guild here recently..... and we do openly talk about scripts in vent......
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
I JUST REALIZED THOSE *EXPLICITIVE* NERFED ANY ARCHER BUT A BUSH NINJITSU ARCHER, GOD WHY CAN'T THEY ACTUALLY THINK OF SOMETHING USEFUL TO DO IN THE GAME BESIDES KILLING DEXXERS.

*Grumbles about UO Staff Being a bunch of Incompetent *Explicitive* *
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Tags: