Author Topic: Back after 6 years!  (Read 2869 times)

Offline meffieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • meffie has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Back after 6 years!
« on: December 20, 2012, 12:38:19 PM »
Hi guy's.  So I was a 7 year UO vet.  Had every character type you can think of all maxed out, then Wow came around.  After 6 years of Blizzards crap I decided to come back to UO.  So I reactivated my account and logged back in.  Much to my surprise all my characters were still there.  Imagine my elation as I logged in thinking I could go right to slaughtering some monsters only to find out all my characters had no skill points.  I decided it was all good and starting skill gaining a Tamer up, got to almost 88 taming, GM Lore/Mage/Eval/Med, 90 Vet and all was going well. Found a house, decorated it, established myself, then the Atlantic server rolled back. I lost everything AGAIN.

So here I am starting from scratch yet again, although my motivation to play the game has taken a hard hit due to this, so I thought I would return to scripting to help me get back on top so I can enjoy the game again.

I mainly play Tamers and Archer's.  I enjoy Paragon Farming and just general exploring.  In my opinion the best part of this game is the ability to do things on your own and not require a group or other players to help you out.  That's such a draw I missed with other games like WOW and such.  Now don't get me wrong, I do love playing with friends, but I hate being forced too.

Currently I only have the tamer and that's all I'm working on due to loosing everything.  However once I get him in a comfortable spot I think I will take up Archery again and maybe do an ABC Archer.  We'll see how that all goes.

I hope to be able to use some of the awesome scripts on this page to help me get my feet back on the ground. You guy's had always been a big part of my daily life when I first played, looking forward to contributing again

Thanks guy's, pleasure to be back in this community!

meffie
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:55:05 PM by meffie »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Back after 6 years!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 03:18:41 PM »
Welcome back to UO and to our little slice of heaven.  Hope you find stuff here to help you ease back into the game.  Enjoy!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
I'm sure I will. This community helped alot back in the day, I'm sure it still will.

I do have a question, do the scripts found here work with the EC client, or is it only the standard client still?

Thanks for having me :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 04:30:54 PM »
Nope, only the classic client.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:37:01 PM »
Roger. Good thing I have them both installed :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 05:24:39 PM »
Most people keep them both installed.  There's quite a few that actually enjoy playing the EC over the classic.  I cannot count myself one of those people.  The look of the terrain in the EC is something I have never been able to handle.  It kinda reminds me of watercolor paint mixed together without edge definition.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 06:48:54 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »
welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »
Welcome!!!! :D

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »
Welcome!!
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 04:39:01 AM »
Welcome to the Grand and Great SCRIPTUO !!

Tags: