Author Topic: Hi my name is Joey.. er, I mean Cris - and I like to play UO (intro YAY)  (Read 6320 times)

Offline Toe76Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Toe76 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
 :D

I just hope you have a sense of humor hah

My  name is actually Cris and I have played UO for quite a while. I started UO with Age of Shadows on the official servers. I have never scripted before and truthfully, before today, I have never downloaded EasyUO. I just did everything by hand. I think this was part because of my role/position on the server I played on (since it was illegal) and I am a bit of a goody goody anyway.

I have played on and off for the last several years but the majority of my time working as a staff member on a couple different servers. Whelp, as a player, now that I'm on freeservers (RebirthUO being my current (and quite nice) home), scripting is no longer illegal for me and I'm looking to make UO life a bit easier. I'm actually running my first EUO script right now (oohhhhh the excitement - over 1800 boards collected in 36 minutes! CRAZY!)

I do work in IT. I used to be a developer so many moons ago but currently I work as an IT project manager... so I'm still in the depths of code, just not as the actual developer. I have the capacity to code but haven't had to do so in quite a long time.

As for the personal me - I have a dog and he's pretty spiffy. Outside of working all the darn time and UO, I do like yarn. I know it sounds weird but I love to knit, crochet, and spin yarn. I hope to get into dying yarn soon - but hey, there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day. I'm really excited about learning more about scripting because then I can lumberjack in game and knit a sock - all at the same time.

oh.. and I really like cake!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 03:15:14 PM by Toe76 »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Welcome to SUO! We have scripts that will deliver 16-18k boards in an hour.  ;D

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Welcome to our little slice of heaven!   Nice chatting with you in game!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
As promised in my intro - knitting a sock and letting a script run. TM Magery :)

It was very good chatting with you in game. AND thanks for the direction with EasyUO/ScriptUO!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
2015 07 11 knitting and scripting.jpg
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:41:29 PM by Toe76 »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Welcome!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
As promised in my intro - knitting a sock and letting a script run. TM Magery :)

Don't forget to equip your mage weapon!  :p

Knitting and UO.  What a strange combination!  Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Heh   Welcome to SUO

Offline Ketchup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ketchup has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Welcome sir!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
She is knitting LRC Armor for her chars ;)  Welcome to the family :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
Well now I need resist armor for my chair. My 3 large dogs confuse my recliner with their bed. Any way you can knit me up some 100% doggy resist chair covers?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Hmmm I have not crocheted or knitted chair covers - but I have sewn quite a few in my life for that exact reason LOL

Offline Lillianna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Lillianna has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
Hi Cris! So great that you knit. I love to do that too. It's very relaxing. I used to knit while I was working, doing tech support over the phone. Glad to see you are enjoying Rebirth.

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
omg he likes cake too!

You are most welcome sir (: