Author Topic: Help me HEX Edit Media Center!  (Read 4641 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Help me HEX Edit Media Center!
« on: April 26, 2010, 01:00:24 AM »
+1
Hi guys.  I have tried windows 7 64 bit, I have tried Vista 64 too.  I really tried to give them both a chance, I honestly did, it usually lasts a week then I get pissed or frustrated and go back to XP 64.  Its faster, user friendly uses less resources and just plain works better. 

So why keep trying Vista and Windows 7?  For media Center!  I have over 1.5 TB of movies, 500gb of TV shows, 300 gb of music and a TV tuner.  I have used Media Portal, its great for playback, but getting my Tuner card to work has proven to be difficult.  Getting Windows 7 Media Center to work with my high def movie files is yet another impossible task.  Some have sound but no video, some have video but no sound, ect.  I know this is a codec issue, but MS locked Win7 MC to use only their codecs (jerks).  I tried XBMC, but again no tuner.  But when  I install XP MCE everything just works.  When I unpack XP MCE into XP x64 and try to run eshell.exe it gives me the error that it only works in windows XP media center edition.  This is where I need help, I have two options, which I have tried one. 

1. Use tweakNT and change my OS name to XPMCE, which gives me a BSOD Error on licensing.
2. Hex Edit  either eshell.exe or eshell.dll to jump over the check for XP MCE.  Which I need help with.  I can provide both of these files if anyone does not have them and TM says its okay.  And all anyone would need is IDA pro I believe or hex workshop.

The other option I have is to try and get Vista 64 bit MC to work, but that gives the error that its not a valid win32 application, same with Win7.  I have found a few web sites claiming to have ported XP MCE to XP x64 and Win 2k3 Server x64, but many are outdated and files are missing from download links.  Here are the links to the web sites. 

I am begging for help here as this is beyond my expertise and I would really like to be able to use everything I paid for.

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/4053.aspx?PageIndex=1
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Tags: