Author Topic: Bod Filler Expanded to Newer Craft Options  (Read 24079 times)

Offline GaderianTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bod Filler Expanded to Newer Craft Options
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2021, 08:06:25 PM »
I was running that routine above through my head. It is troublesome to me.

The only way that could be valid is in the case where you have only 1 kind of SBOD/LBOD that you are trying to fill, I think. So the error you are experiencing doesn't even belong as a validation step, because the type of BOD can be retrieved in the loop as it processes each BOD - which is where that kind of logic belongs. Also, it should be more lenient and if a #findcol returns a bad result, that item should just be skipped in the loop.

Of course, all this is without any testing on my part. I have observed a few minutes that you indicated from your videos and looked up the situations where the error message can be generated.

So, at this novice moment, I believe that whole setting of %s7BFSbodType #result by #findcol is wrong. (I believe I am entitled to such a judgment as the author.  :angel: )
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2021, 12:49:28 PM »
Doing Alchemy BODs for the first time...

Script hangs on nightsight potions.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2021, 01:12:12 PM »
20 lesser poison potion BOD... I keep getting the message "This item is not in the request." and the BOD filler thinks its made 20/20 potions but there are only 15 regular poison potions in my bag.

After removing the potions it began operating normally again and made the proper potions.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 01:13:59 PM by TrackStar »

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2021, 07:10:37 PM »
Had another similar experience to the one above.

BOD is asking for 15 heal potions and the script keeps grabbing 6 lesser heal potions out of my secure and getting hung up.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2021, 09:43:22 PM »
So in each of these cases it is pulling items from the secure which are the same color but a different name for the alchemy potions?

If you do not have any premade potions, does the script work?

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2021, 02:47:33 AM »
Yes, left it running last night after I put all the premade potions away. Completed all of the BODs without issue minus things I didn't have recipes for or the nightsight potions which are hanging for some reason.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2021, 07:40:03 AM »
I think nightsight potions hang because of a name discrepancy. If you craft it or buy it, the spelling is different. That probably needs some coding to handle all the options.

I found some that were bought would not have names but only a color description.
Also, the similar colored potions (all refresh potions are red, all poison potions are green) is why it gets confused when not making potions itself.

Offline Hitechs

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Hitechs has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2021, 06:12:45 PM »
was trying to add a fast start var / when i hit play just start filling all bods in backpack with secure hardcoded,

was a little tricky because i kept skipping parts that script required to work,
the hack i ended up with below, should it be done differently?

edits i made, now when i hit play script just starts filling:
(also unchecked %freeshard & %PullResourcesOpenCont in menu )

at top:
Code: [Select]
; 45 moves it about 1 inch right or down
set %AdjInitMenuX 0
set %AdjInitMenuY 0
set %AdjCountMenuX 0
set %AdjCountMenuY 0
set %fastStart #true                   ;--- added this , if set false script runs normal ----
set %materialSecure UWDDLMD  ;--added this , material secure ----

menu setdef fontstyle 0
  menu Text lblSelectedBods 150 30 Selected BODs:
  menu List Create lstSelectedBods 7 55 283 180
  menu Check chkOpenCont 298 58 270 20 #false Pull from Open Containers? ;-- added this
 ; -- made #false ;- %PullResourcesOpenCont changed to false
  menu Check chkFreeShard 298 80 270 20 #false Freeshard?                        ;-- added this
 ; -- made #false ;- %freeshard changed to false
  menu Check chkFillLBods 298 102 270 20 #true Fill Large Bods?
  menu Button btnChooseSecure 298 126 200 28 Choose Secure

menu setprop btnFillAll visible #false
    set %readyToGoAll #false
    wait 1
  if %fastStart = #true               ;-- added this
     {                                         ;-- added this
      gosub chooseSecure            ;-- added this
      set #menubutton btnFill_all   ;-- added this
     }                                         ;-- added this
  }
  set #lpc 100
return

sub chooseSecure
 if %fastStart = #true                                         ;-- added this
     {                                                                  ;-- added this
      set %s7BFTargetedSecure %materialSecure   ;-- added this
      goto skipThis                                                ;-- added this
     }
  menu set s7BFMenuStatus Please target your secure:
  gosub s7GetTarget
  set %s7BFTargetedSecure #result
  set %s7BFPackAnimalID N/A
  skipThis:                                                          ;-- added this
  finditem %s7BFTargetedSecure
  if #findtype in bo_wn_zgb
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:17:41 PM by Hitechs »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2021, 09:44:44 AM »
+1
Looks like you have all the pieces to make that work. It could be done differently, by setting the variable for the secure, but you still must open it. So it would only be one line less in the script. IMO good enough.

I would setup something by material container by character and write to the registry-for something more generic to publish. As long as you are doing it just for yourself and you understand that - it works fine.

Gaderian

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2021, 08:40:50 AM »
I think nightsight potions hang because of a name discrepancy. If you craft it or buy it, the spelling is different. That probably needs some coding to handle all the options.

I found some that were bought would not have names but only a color description.
Also, the similar colored potions (all refresh potions are red, all poison potions are green) is why it gets confused when not making potions itself.

Do you think that's something you will be able to fix eventually? (the nightsight potions)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 08:42:48 AM by TrackStar »

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2021, 08:43:50 AM »
Track you might be able to do it also, I am going to play with the IDs and Names cause certain potions from the plant deco item that provides potions, some do not stack together, but use tool id and see if item id or colors in the script change or adding might work (i know i am going to be filling 5k bods next few days) so will be using all portions of script.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2021, 05:44:49 PM »
My goal was to turn out the whole project last summer while I was off work during my summer break from school. I accomplished that with a LOT of help by others that I acknowledged earlier.

There were 3 people testing stuff for me extensively this summer and we collectively got lots of things to work. While I did most of the coding, I would not have gotten this done without the testing - so I credit the team! If at any time you are inclined to tell me 'thanks', you should send the people I credited earlier the same kind message. Several people in the preceding months contributed data and helped with typing up the craft data.

It still does all the blacksmith and now the tailoring is fully functional. I suspect tailoring worked fully in the past, but encountered changes by OSI which broke some of it's logic.
Tailoring - fixed bone armor
Large bod filling - fixed
You might think, well the old one did most of that, but with all the material expansions and general coding - the above was revised slightly to still function.

Added inscription (including mana testing, stackable, some automated rules to handle runebooks, runic atlas, spellbooks - so these were not combined).
Added tinkering without consuming your last tinker tool which would break the script. This also had stacking and color and name change issues.
Added carpentry (with the exception of music stands - tall and large).
Added fletching (including arrows and bolts).
Added cooking, but it only makes stuff from 1 layer of crafting. Most of cooking is too complex from gathered raw materials to smoothly automate filling bods for long periods.
Added alchemy, but it has externally introduced issues - not crafting issues. All heal potions are the same color yellow, while all poison potions are the same color green and all cure potions are the same color orange. There are store bought potions which come with a color name but not a potion name (an orange potion vs a lesser cure potion). This color-based-name is something I have no way to fix. Once upon a time you could use taste id skill and identify those potions by name, but I do not know if that function still exists in the game. I have no idea with the data to figure out a solution to identify the potions that are badly named. If you have an idea, write it up and we can discuss it further. I am always open to suggestions.

The nightsight vs night sight name issue could be fixable, but it requires a hard coded exception. I have tried to keep exceptions to a minimum. I did not count the exceptions in the script, but I am guessing it is a few dozen items that have exceptions in the code - some are handled generically, but others are handled with a value that is tested and applies to many items.

The most common exception coded addresses the color fix specifically - most of the time the smith, tailoring, carpentry, some tinkering and fletching items have exceptions when colors do or do not match the material. Smith items made with valorite - generally have the color of valorite in the crafted item. Most tinker items have the color of the source material, but tools generally do not override the color - it is the same regardless the material. This tinkering exception happens with bone armor, which is why it failed in the original Snicker7 script - which I suspect was a change since it was first written.

I spent an estimated 300 hours working on the script this summer. Thargor would run a massive amount of scripts most evenings and report back which didn't work. REEFHAWK was very methodical. He would take a skill and work through all the bods, testing base material versions, then color material versions and mix it up with various quantities. He assembled large bods to fill with the small bod components. If it were not for them, this script would have consisted of the original Smith, Tailor and the first one I did solo which was Inscription.

I do not have time to test - life is overwhelming at the moment and foreseeable future for me. If you want me to take any time to work on something, you will have to do some legwork. Consider how REEFHAWK contributed to this project - he isolated what worked and what did not work for a specific SBOD or a LBOD with it's component SBOD parts. He explained how he setup his work and which options he selected in detail. Both he and Thargor would set aside a set of bods to give me to show the problem. This is the kind of detail I would require before loading up the script.

My estimate is that it takes between 1 to 5 hours of my time to fix something - assuming I have the BOD to test the issue. If I do not have the SBOD, then I have to know some real information about it, like what returns in #PROPERTY and the various #FIND variables to do a mock testing. The reality is that I have not been playing the game now for several months, so I won't login to try to collect a problem BOD.

I welcome the information on how to reproduce the problem. I probably need a copy of the BOD(s) that demonstrate the issue. Coding and scripting are my de-stress hobby - so I enjoy this, but time is limited - so I would need help.

Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2022, 08:52:50 PM »
So my semesters are done until mid-August, so I had a very specific problem to address. This version (3.14.15.4) has to do with freeshards and I modified the 2nd post in this thread to discuss it a little. No other real change from the previous version (3.14.15.3).

I was thinking about the alchemy color and name issues for crafted versus purchased potions. Does anyone know how taste id works? Is it possible to fill a potion keg, then use taste id on it and empty the keg into potion bottles and have the name work? Will it change an orange potion into "lesser cure" potions by name?

I do not even know if "nightsight" and "night sight" potions can combine into the same SBOD. Has anyone tried this? If it is allowed then modifying the script would be on the table.

Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2022, 05:06:45 AM »
So the previous version (3.14.15.4) left the debug stuff in it. That means it would run, but pause at lots of places.

There were a bunch who downloaded it, but no one let me know until this morning. So the debug info is reset and the script (3.14.15.5) has been uploaded.

Gaderian

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2022, 10:17:16 AM »
Once my life gets back to normalcy I'll start running this again and let you know what I come across. I'll try to play around with the issues you are looking at recently as well.

Tags: