Author Topic: BoD types?  (Read 2731 times)

Offline SkoadTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Skoad has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
BoD types?
« on: March 08, 2012, 04:46:00 AM »
Im needing a little help..

The shard I play on is UoR based and uses BoDs that are styled like regular ol' deeds, but green/gray (This is how they were when deeds were first released I guess? Too long ago to remember).

Anyway... I cant get any bod scripts to work. Even after I go in and change the item type to the regular deed style, it still cant read the bods.

Now I do know the shard I am on also doesnt read #Property right.. so could that cause the issue?

I just know I have been gathering bods by hand and have a couple hundred. I dread the day I have to do them all manually.

Thanks in advance.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: BoD types?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 05:02:25 AM »
I would assume that the issue you mention with #property would certainly do it. I'm not sure how else you would read the BOD information without running an OCR routine.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 06:26:21 AM »
I have had that same issue on Hybrid, how the #Property is read is the problem. I had to use a razor macro to fill my bods one bod at a time.. :<

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 08:10:23 AM »
Ughhh. I hate actually having to do stuff! :P

Anyone have any idea what causes the #property to not be displayed? I know its something within the shard settings. The admin/dev of the shard I am playing says that he did not set it this way, that is how he got it from RunUO. Guess I would prob need to hit up runuo for this.

If it is a small change.. maybeee I can someone convince the admin to make the change lol.

Then again.. I see on the EUO boards that old pre-AoS clients do not show #property. So could it not be added? The shard is pre-aos but we are playing on the latest client.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:13:09 AM by Skoad »

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 08:19:27 AM »
I think it has something to do with how the bod shows display the information. On a pre-aos style like bod system you have to open the bod and read the information vs post-aos it is just displayed on the bod. Thats a guess, dont hold me to it.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »
Im needing a little help..

The shard I play on is UoR based and uses BoDs that are styled like regular ol' deeds, but green/gray (This is how they were when deeds were first released I guess? Too long ago to remember).

Anyway... I cant get any bod scripts to work. Even after I go in and change the item type to the regular deed style, it still cant read the bods.

Now I do know the shard I am on also doesnt read #Property right.. so could that cause the issue?

I just know I have been gathering bods by hand and have a couple hundred. I dread the day I have to do them all manually.

Thanks in advance.
The Properties arent displayed on PreAos Shards (Renaissance as example) Its not declared in Runuo and also cant be scanned via Easyuo.
OCR would be the only thing you can do with easyuo or Openuo (annoying) or learning stealth with us and simple read the gump like it would be a simple property...

If you never had experience with OCR, its a though thing. It not just need a lot of time to be readed and handled, it as well need a lot of time to scan.What you could try would be using KalOcr and try if it can receive you some information.Thats all:/

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »
Yea, dont know anything about OCR. Im just now learning how to mess with plain ol EUO scripts again after a long hiatus. Also tried out the stealth client that TrailMyx mentioned to me a few days ago.. but wasnt sure where to go with that either. Will give KalOrc a try.. and guess I got some learning to do. :P Thanks for the help everyone.

Tags: