Author Topic: Help for Windows 7 ~ Mucho Questions for you OS gurus!  (Read 3383 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Help for Windows 7 ~ Mucho Questions for you OS gurus!
« on: February 21, 2010, 03:34:20 PM »
Okay, since I figured out the "popup" issue I reinstalled Windows 7, I love it, especially cine it can run my TV as my 3rd monitor now.  (Issue with nvidia and ATI cards and XP)

But there are some things I want to change/alter/ect and I dont know how.  I am hoping you guys can point some links my way or quick easy fixes.

• I miss my quicklaunch bar, I cant seem to get it back either :(  Is there a way to do this?  (Right next to the start menu like before)
  • My theme is fine, but how do I change just the Windows start button?  I would like Red, or even animated would be neat.
  • The TV I am using is a 37" Vizio LCD HDTV, I am going to use this for windows media player or media center.  As of right now it is an extension of my desktop.  This I dont need.  I dont need this TV on 24/7 but since my PS3 laser took a dump, I cant watch blu rays.  So this is a perfect solution until I can fix the laser.  Is there a way to have this be a stand alone 3rd monitor, not an extension of my desktop (I know this is possible in display settings) and have only media center and media player and possibly select other AV programs open only in that Monitor/TV?  This is obviously for watching movies and I have a media center remote and a logitech harmony remote as well.  But the TV would only be used for that purpose.  Anyone know a way to make this dream a reality?
  • Any links on how to make custom Themes?  That would be great.  I love black and blue themes, black taskbar, glossy, blue bubble type slider bars.  Any links or programs people can provide that people use?

Thanks in advance, I think that is all I need for now.  All I have to do now is figure out what services I dont need running to speed things up.  Although with a 3gig quad core, 8gb ram, I dont think that will add much performance beyond what I have now lol.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Katu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Katu has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Help for Windows 7 ~ Mucho Questions for you OS gurus!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 02:00:49 AM »
This is direct quote from Windows 7 help files:
"To pin a program icon to the Start menu
If you use a program regularly, you can create a shortcut to it by pinning the program icon to the Start menu. Pinned program icons appear on the left side of the Start menu.
Right-click the program icon you want to pin to the Start menu, and then click Pin to Start Menu.
Notes:
To unpin a program icon, right-click it, and then click Unpin from Start Menu.
To change the order of a pinned item, drag the program icon to a new position in the list."

You can also drag and drop items to quickbar and those become shortcuts to dragged program.

Themes:
Good link to customizing themes!

Tags: