Author Topic: Finding the perfect ring or bracelet  (Read 7287 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Finding the perfect ring or bracelet
« on: November 08, 2015, 07:21:46 AM »
I am trying to set up the claw to find a great dexer jewel - I was thinking of searching just for just
10 SSI
35 DI
any thoughts?

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Finding the perfect ring or bracelet
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:57:38 AM »
I am trying to set up the claw to find a great dexer jewel - I was thinking of searching just for just
10 SSI
35 DI
any thoughts?

well got my first ring - is it any good?

Antique
SDI 18
LMC 8
SSI 10
DI 35

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »
IF you have  a spell on your weapon yes.   

You can use it on your mage with a -15 mage bow, and still be able to deal damage with spell as well.

I was looking for only clean jewelry, but now I have open the door to all the them just to see if what I'm looking for event drop.   Same as you

SSI 10 and DI > 25

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »
10 SSI
35 DI
any thoughts?

well got my first ring - is it any good?

Antique
SDI 18
LMC 8
SSI 10
DI 35

Generally, you want:
+5 stamina
10 SSI

...as a start for any dexxer ring.  Unless something changed in the year+ since I was farming this stuff.

As I recall, about one in every five or ten thousand item pulls will have that combo...but then you have to watch for cursed, etc.  Run it in (the dungeon with earth elementals...Shame?  Wrong?) for best results.  High luck, of course.  The earthies don't do spell damage!

I looted so many items off them that TM had to adjust the autolooter to accommodate me.  =D

Offline jkat10

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jkat10 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 12:51:47 AM »
Since I can't really contribute to the script stuff I'll do my best to help here.

You can only imbue 5 properties, but certain properties like swing speed and stamina cannot be imbued.

This is important for pvp. It is less important for pvm where if you decide to use a very nice legendary artifact it will likely be labeled "antique" and wear down really quickly. I wouldn't use a 200 million ring to kill poison elementals. So for a pvm sampire I'd try to stick with imbued items that can be replicated easily to avoid too many holes in your suit over time.

For claw, I set parameters for 10 SSI 5 stam clean as one of the loot properties. You can imbue this for a pvm archer and have a nice set up heavy on offense. I would set to loot for SSI and stam (or just SSI) because you can imbue the other needed properties. For a sampire, 5 SSI is probably fine depending on your weapon and set up.

Pvp ideas:

1st, it depends what kind of dexxer you are running. A 200+ stamina pvp archer IMO should be using 15 HCI/15DCI/25 EP/10 SSI at a minimum. Probably need DI after that, and then stat bonuses and skills etc. if you just run the minimum you will likely be outgunned at some point. I have for my pvp archer a ring with 20 HCI/15 dci/25 ep/10ssi/ 8 str /4 mana/4 int/15 ninjitsu and lrc or something random.

A pvp melee  dexxer can probably get away with less SSI especially since most wil be using a bokuto/kryss/war fork and don't need the massive stamina and SSI to swing at cap. May want to look for 1/3 casting if using bushido, ninja, and chiv along with 15/15 HCI dci and EP.

FC is a nice bonus for archers and sampire so but not 100% needed.

Since the loot update a while back these items drop everywhere. It seems like shadowguard and some of the newer stuff have higher intensities.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:00:56 AM by jkat10 »

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 09:20:24 PM »
My best caster bracelet find so far:
- Int Bonus 10
- Mana Increase 4
- Mana Regen 2
- Spell Damage Increase 15%
- Faster Cast Recovery 4
- Faster Casting 1
- Lower Mana Cost 10%

255/255 Major Artifact, Antique but I blessed it as it is now and forever part of a godly suit that requires it. I know the bless deed was worth far more than the gold I'll save paying for insurance but I did it to eliminate the risk factor of losing it somehow and ruining the suit. I would trade off a FCR point for the extra 3% SDI since SDI scales to do much more damage than any other stat but hey.

I know you're looking for dexxer but I just wanted to point out that, as a dexxer, try to find rings with dexxer only properties. Damage Increase and SSI are absolutely mandatory, imo. It's all about the suit, and in PvP it's all about the class+suit. Pure casters don't hold up well to hybrid archers or, especially, throwers right now.

Back on topic - For my ring above I want it to be titled "Arcane of Sorcery". If it's Arcane of Haste it will have Swing Speed Increase instead of FC  or FCR, If it just says "Ring" it will be a hybrid mix of dexxer/caster stats. I also want it to be of either "Greater" or "Major" Artifact level. Legendary is nice but I find it adds to the wrong categories if it does not have an extra property outright, I would only buy a legendary if it had extra properties.

SO, in VS, search for "Arcane Sorcery Major Arti" and set equipment type to ring or bracer. You will notice that the results have two variations of ring/bracer. Those WITH spell damage increase and those with Lower Reagent Cost instead of SDI. Both are OK though if you deal damage you want the first and if you simply mark books or craft you may prefer the second.

Character Training, such as for Ninjitsu, that requires no spell damage increase are a perfect reason to grab an Arcane of Sorcery major artifact ring/bracer that has LRC instead of SDI. By now I hope you notice that UO rings/bracers are VERY broken down into categories by their names, find the names that contain the traits you want and search for those... you can find the names on any good imbue site such as http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/runic-re-forging/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:53:36 PM by Gemviper »

Offline jkat10

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jkat10 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 02:00:25 AM »
Interesting post.

That's a nice jewel. I have a ring similar at 1/3 9 sdi 10 lmc 20 lrc 3 mr 10 int

I agree that archers and throwers are very powerful atm. What do you consider a hybrid archer? I'm messing around with my archer and am seeing a couple flaws in him. However, at 12O healing and 120 anatomy as well as 50 ep he's tough to kill.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 05:10:18 AM »
Interesting way to search loot, based on the titles of properties.  I just went for the values themselves, but your way might keep the cLAW from breaking every so often.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 09:36:15 PM »
I just went for the values themselves, but your way might keep the cLAW from breaking every so often

I did too, until I realized that UO has subsets on jewelry too. That means it's simply not possible to have some combinations and so is pointless to try and weight many(most) combinations. Figuring out what was possible by each subset was.... fun

Arcane + Sorcery = pure caster
Arcane + Haste = hybrid caster/dexxer
etc.

If you want to evaluate everything the claw is fantastic but if, like me, you only want/need pure caster jewels you can filter by item names. Limiting a ring/bracelet to arcane+sorcery+(greater or legendary) scoops up only pure caster jewels of higher quality. Doing it this way will make you miss some really good and possibly expensive items but I don't sell jewels(too time consuming) or play a dexxer much so I have no use for them. The claw is still your best option for finding "clean" jewelry that only has 2-3 things on it which are unobtainable via  imbue, those are worth a mint.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:40:59 PM by Gemviper »

Offline moslet

• Activity:
    0%
  • moslet has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 01:37:46 AM »
+10 SSI clean/non-antigue jewels are all that PvM needs, and these are mostly lesser magic items,
that means the mobs are definitely not tough. I've farmed demons and swoops but no find.

For PvM I wouldn't pay millions for other antigue legendary jewels, especially in melee these antigues will wear out VERY fast (ie. 3 spawns).

If anyone knows where to farm, please let know =)

Tags: