Author Topic: Trying Again. Introduction: PauseBreak  (Read 3565 times)

Offline PauseBreakTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • PauseBreak has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Trying Again. Introduction: PauseBreak
« on: November 25, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »
I re did this and added more. Removed first post so it would come up as Unread so people can learn a little bit more about me =)

Hello, Im Pausebreak. 20 something, EST time zone; been playing UO since the realm of sphere.   I have very limited programming knowledge but been reading through "Python for beginners."
I have been wanting to dive into the world of UO scripting for awhile now, so I am happy I found this board.  I never wanted to limit myself to a dedicated UO language. (ezuo, steam) then I learned about Stealth. Seems a good fit. (openuo uses LUA, but ive been reading about python)
I may ask allot of questions but I pay attention, read for myself and  am never disrespectful.

I'm a full time cook as profession. Was going to culinary school and realized halfway through, that being a chef was not for me. Don't get me wrong, I have a passion for cooking / creating, and I'm darn good at it. I just realized Id rather work smart than hard.  I now work at a startup IT company while doing line cook on the side. How can you work for an IT company and not know how to program you ask? I understand the logical standpoint of it perfectly. It's just the syntax I need to be more familiar with.  I consider myself pretty handy at tech type stuff. and besides anyone who's ever worked in IT knows you don't have to know what your doing to work in this field.. =) but I guess it certainly helps.  Moving on. Im married, I have a daughter.  I dislike winters. I came here to help get support with my UO Scripting. I need some brains to pick and friends to help me along on the venture. I give exactly what I get, so I "pay it forward" so to speak. Someone teaches me something, I teach it to someone else. I'm always available to answer questions or help where needed, that's just the type of guy I am. I believe in distribution of knowledge. And through knowledge, anything is achievable.  So please feel free to say hi. Looking forward to making some new friends. I work all the time, so I have very few..

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Trying Again. Introduction: PauseBreak
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 05:29:59 PM »
WELCOME!

Glad to have you as a member of the community!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 03:15:36 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 06:54:22 AM »
IT != Developer so you're off the hook :)

Welcome to ScriptUO!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline PauseBreakTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • PauseBreak has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 07:32:00 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.

A buddy of mine. friend from ohh, probably 8th grade. Is a huge nerd. lol It's ok I am too.  He Is way more advanced then I am in the ways of technology. But throughout the years we have worked on several projects together. He wants to go into business for himself. Being the friend I am I told him Id have his back in w/e venture.  So I try as I might to learn everything I can about everything I can.  I did an alarm install job the other day for a dollar general. I wen't on as a second tech just to learn the ropes. Very interesting.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 08:40:37 AM »
Welcome to the site!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: