Poll

What is the best weapon for a Whammy, and why?

Swords
9 (81.8%)
Fencing
0 (0%)
Macing
2 (18.2%)
Archery
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Whammy Weapon of Choice  (Read 12882 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Whammy Weapon of Choice
« on: June 27, 2009, 02:04:04 PM »
Please include a short synopsis of why you've chosen your weapon. Maybe some of the types you normally use, and stats of your favorite.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Whammy Weapon of Choice
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »
Soul Seeker, because Ultima said So...

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 06:12:35 PM »
I like swords just because I get to use some of the cool axes that come from the Heartwood quester.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 06:54:47 PM »
Soul Seeker, because Ultima said So...

Yea! Me Too!

plus, that 60 SSI is pretty damn nice!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 07:04:24 PM »
the leeches are insane too.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 09:31:56 PM »
I got a double axe {?} not quite sure whats it called from a chain quest moguer must die one, with like 48 stam, 40 hld, 40 dmi, 30 ssi.  I like it because i can spam whirlwind with it and I never slow down swinging with the stam leech. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline redrum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • redrum has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 10:15:14 PM »
id say a diamond mace with hld hll hml ssi di

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 10:30:19 PM »
how much extra damage does Whirl Wind help you? I thought really only works when there is a MOB around you?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 09:38:02 AM »
Well Khameleon there are alot of naysayers in regards to the Soulseeker but I'm not one of them. The proof is in the pudding. I've seen first hand what I can accomplish with it and there is little I can't do with it. There's been quite a few threads on stratics about how it's not that great.  :)

I think those people are idjits.

Swordsmanship gets my vote because of the radiant scimitar with it's specials Whirlwind and Bladeweave. Radiant Scimitars are already fast at 2.5 SS with relatively high damage 12-14.

Then you have the SoulSeeker with it's Godlike default 60 SSI. Even when your stamina gets low your going to be swinging at a decent speed because of the SSI. SSI doesn't take a drop like Stamina does ;)

Whirlwind is what allows me to solo almost all of the Champion Spawns. Also 1 on 1 against the Peerless and Champion Bosses I've been able to take down all I've attempted with my SoulSeeker. It hits so fast you'll be leeching back in no time which is the name of the game on Whammy or CCW.

The Blackstaff for mace fighting is most comparable to the Soulseeker in terms of speed,damage, and specials except that it's 2 handed. The problem with the BlackStaff is it isn't craftable. >:( Otherwise I would give mace a try...

There are better Radiant and Twinkling Scimitars out there than the SoulSeeker but the chances of crafting one from Runic Hammer are is extremely low. Head over to TC and start banging out some Radiant Scimitars and you'll see what I'm talking about. On TC I've burned through over 200 uses on a Valorite hammer and not one was better all around than the Soulseeker. That doesn't mean it can't happen it's just rare. Hence why we have Imbueing comming in...

But that's also why I'm not running out buying Runic Hammers.:P When the Soulseeker is so readily available. HLA is the Mod I would really like to see on my radiant scimitar. Basically everything the Soulseeker has plus HLA and I think I have all my bases covered as a primary weapon. I can get HLD from my Mace&Shield Glasses.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 10:10:55 AM »
Isn't SoulSeeker a repond? Something you wouldn't want to be holding in Doom or around any type of undead, right?

So if your avoiding undead, it's the best available weapon...
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 10:35:55 AM »
the Soulseeker is a repond slayer !

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 10:58:32 AM »
the Soulseeker is a repond slayer !

Right Rana, so you would take double damage from undead while holding it.

Man I remember the "silver bullet" days, PKing on Waka. That was some fun.

But I digress... If you are using the SoulSeeker in doom, every other room is an undead, and the Dark Father spawns undead. Seems like a stray EBolt from a Lich Lord would be devastating.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 01:20:25 PM »
Isn't SoulSeeker a repond? Something you wouldn't want to be holding in Doom or around any type of undead, right?

So if your avoiding undead, it's the best available weapon...

I had the learn this the hard way as I do with most everything! :o

During the October Halloween Event of 2008 I saw people on their Whammy's taking on the Skeletal Liches with little effort. I made many attempts agains the Skeletal Liches and I absolutely got my head handed to me. I was so mad that other people were solo'ing the Liches and I wasn't. I had to use my Archer for the entire event.

Unfortunately I didn't learn until after the event was over what I was doing wrong.  :-[

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 03:33:59 PM »
Unfortunately I didn't learn until after the event was over what I was doing wrong.  :-[

So. what were you doing wrong?

I did manage to get myself a blessed talisman for my warrior too :)

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 04:11:30 PM »

So. what were you doing wrong?

I did manage to get myself a blessed talisman for my warrior too :)

My wild guess would be ... he used his Soulseeker on undead creatures ..
and did not know that this weapon should not be used on undead because
of his facts Cerveza just said  ;)

cu

Tags: