Author Topic: Bulk Order Bribery  (Read 22599 times)

Offline slyoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Bulk Order Bribery
« on: February 13, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »
+1
With the help of MeWon's Smith BOD Sorter-er, all of my BODs are sorted.  I'm always in need of powder of fort so I decided to try and upgrade the POF 20 bods to POF 90 bods.  I wrote this to automate the bribery process.  I made a menu and wrote up some instructions.  

You all at ScriptUO have really saved me tons of clicks, hopefully this will help save you some also!  Thanks!!

Updated to Version 1.1:  See the code snippet below for a list of updates.  I implemented the Upgrade Loop and hopefully fixed a couple bugs.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks!

Version 1.0 GUI

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Version 1.1 GUI

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Code: [Select]
;==========================================================
; Script Name: Bulk Order Bribery
; Author: slyone
; Version: 1.1
; Public Release: 02/13/2011
; Revision Date: 5-23-2012
; Purpose:  Upgrade BODs via bribery
; Instructions: -Fill up a BOD book with BODs you wish to
;                upgrade, this is the 'Full Book'
;               -Get another BOD book to put the upgraded
;                BODS into, this is the 'Empty Book'
;               -Have money in your bank
;               -Stand within two tiles of an NPC you can
;                bribe
;               -Bribe away
; Version 1.1 Updates: -Modified logic with waiting for
;                       gumps
;                      -Hopefully fixed bug where the
;                       script closed your backpack
;                      -Added Upgrade Loop button that will
;                       loop bribery until bod book is
;                       empty or until vendor can no longer
;                       be bribed
; Unresolved Issues: -BOD ghosting
;                    -Getting message "You must wait to
;                     perform another action."  when the
;                     script tries to drop a bod on the
;                     vendor

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Bulk_Order_Bribery.txt
Bulk_Order_Bribery_v1.1.txt
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:09:31 PM by slyone »
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bulk Order Bribery
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 07:32:27 AM »
+1
Nice - I'll try it!
Thanks!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:08:53 PM »
+1
Damn.  No sooner do I start daydreaming about coding this myself, than you beat me to it.  Stuff like this might actually pull me back to UO...

Offline blazehammer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • blazehammer has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 08:37:47 PM »
+1
i like the bribe system you made the one thing i can think of is when you hit bribe you have to keep hitting it to gt more bribes if it kept bribing until it couldn't would be a great time saver of clicking when you have 500 bods to bribe for pof otherwise its a great script only problem i have had is with it closing my pack with having to open it when it closes i have to keep a eye on it

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 05:43:39 AM »
+1
What about a cost limit? Say i dont want to pay more then 10k for a upgrade of a bod? Is there a way to do that? And will this work for tailor bods as well? Seems lately no one bothers with tailor bods at all.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
+1
i like the bribe system you made the one thing i can think of is when you hit bribe you have to keep hitting it to gt more bribes if it kept bribing until it couldn't would be a great time saver of clicking when you have 500 bods to bribe for pof otherwise its a great script only problem i have had is with it closing my pack with having to open it when it closes i have to keep a eye on it

What about a cost limit? Say i dont want to pay more then 10k for a upgrade of a bod? Is there a way to do that? And will this work for tailor bods as well? Seems lately no one bothers with tailor bods at all.

Thank you both for the posts.  I hope to work on this again soon!

@blazehammer I like the idea of being able to "set it and forget it" but I'm not sure yet how to handle moving from one smith to another.  Also, I noticed the issue about the backpack closing also.  I'll look into that too.

@rara The script should work for any type of bod...although I haven't really tried it with tailor bods.  As for the question about setting a cost limit.   I haven't implemented a cost limit.  I'll look into that too.

Thanks again

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »
+1
I appreciate that and trust me i could come up with a couple hundred ideas for this script, i am going to do some testing with some plain iron bods and tailor bods to see exactly how the randomness of upgrades goes, but would love to be able to set - POF for instance and it bribe the bods up to a certain price limit to POF, then say shadow hammer - max price and bribe a book up to shadow etc.. If you want more ideas let me know :) And yes i be glad to be your guinea pig!

Offline blazehammer

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 01:05:26 AM »
+1
hi another note on script  is when you do ilshenar it doesn't recoginze the tailor there the suggestion about auto was just ment for the npc that your on not recall to each one i think a loop to keep bribing the one npc until done would help i just have no clue on how to do that i dont know where the id for the npc is in the script .  and thanks again for the big time saver you made Blazehammer

Offline blazehammer

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:59 PM »
+1
ok lately with getting the bribery going i have found that the script has a ghosting of the bod and causes the back pack to close so it doesn't turn in  if you open pack and drop it on npc it give new bod not sure why its doing it

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »
+1
I uploaded v1.1.  This version gives you a choice to loop bribery until your bod book is empty or until the vendor can no longer be bribed.

ok lately with getting the bribery going i have found that the script has a ghosting of the bod and causes the back pack to close so it doesn't turn in  if you open pack and drop it on npc it give new bod not sure why its doing it

I think the bod ghosting comes from trying to move the bod too quickly or something.  I put a couple waits in the script to slow it down.  Please let me know if you continue to get the ghosting.  I fixed the logic so that the script should not close your backpack anymore.  If you still find that it closes your backpack then please let me know the situation where that happens and I'll fix it.

I appreciate that and trust me i could come up with a couple hundred ideas for this script, i am going to do some testing with some plain iron bods and tailor bods to see exactly how the randomness of upgrades goes, but would love to be able to set - POF for instance and it bribe the bods up to a certain price limit to POF, then say shadow hammer - max price and bribe a book up to shadow etc.. If you want more ideas let me know :) And yes i be glad to be your guinea pig!

I just finished my night class and should have some more time in the coming weeks to work on the type of functionality you are talking about rara.  We should be able to get it to keep bribing a particular bod until we get the type we want.

Thanks for the feedback, enjoy!

Offline blazehammer

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 04:27:56 PM »
+1
ok tried the loop part run pretty good still a little ghosting of bods so it does stop and tell you to put in book i did notice if your not near the npc it would tell you your not close enough but will loop it so you have to stop script to target another npc and start all over with book and then npc your at but otherwise seems to run pretty well only did 400 bods on bribe so when i do more will have more input great work on the script

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 12:04:00 PM »
+1
Hey slyone, thanks for the mention! 

Gave this a try yesterday and it seems to work pretty well. Thanks for getting it out there.

Had one small idea.  Would love to see an option to continue trying the same NPC over and over until they will allow you to bribe again.  Might be nice to just park it in one spot with a full book, and go watch a movie or something. :D

Offline StarWoman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • StarWoman has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »
+1
Nice script... did the job simply and relatively well.  I went looking precisely for this solution to endless bribery of bods and this did the job.  Thank you for sharing.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 06:03:52 AM »
+1
ok tried the loop part run pretty good still a little ghosting of bods so it does stop and tell you to put in book i did notice if your not near the npc it would tell you your not close enough but will loop it so you have to stop script to target another npc and start all over with book and then npc your at but otherwise seems to run pretty well only did 400 bods on bribe so when i do more will have more input great work on the script
Hey slyone, thanks for the mention! 

Gave this a try yesterday and it seems to work pretty well. Thanks for getting it out there.

Had one small idea.  Would love to see an option to continue trying the same NPC over and over until they will allow you to bribe again.  Might be nice to just park it in one spot with a full book, and go watch a movie or something. :D
Nice script... did the job simply and relatively well.  I went looking precisely for this solution to endless bribery of bods and this did the job.  Thank you for sharing.

Thank you all for the feedback.  Glad you find it useful.  Any changes are going to be slow going for me at the moment but I'll definitely take a look at it when I get a chance.

-S

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 07:04:44 PM »
+1
Ran this today, and had the issue of my backpack closing and I even found that my uo crashed out completely twice.  I love the idea of forgetting to do something else cause I hate to have to attend things.  Also I would love to see it so that i could decline an upgrade if the pricing got to high, cause if its to high its not worth the upgrade sometimes. :D

But nice Job, glab to see you active and great contributing.

Tags: BOD