Author Topic: I.T. Help please?!!  (Read 1857 times)

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I.T. Help please?!!
« on: December 24, 2011, 02:34:06 PM »
  I've got an old motorola devour phone with a lot of irreplaceable pics and videos on it (never got around to putting them on the comp) and now it's saying my SD card is locked. I've tried unmounting the card/rebooting with no luck.

Half my pics and videos are missing from the phone but i can access all of the pics when i plug it into the computer (even though one section says files are corrupted)but still with xmas being tomorrow i have no camera or camcorder to film the kids.

Does anyone know if i can fix this or how? The tech support with my phone carrier could not and neither could a motorola tech but i know half you guys have more knowledge than support people anyway..

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: I.T. Help please?!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »
Is the SD card removable from the phone?  If so, you can get a microSD card reader for you computer and take the pictures off that way. 

If the pictures are on the internal memory, you still should be able to connect the phone up to your computer as a flash drive and remove them that way.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:35:38 PM »
Yeah i found my pics for a minute then they were moved to a file called found when my comp fixed the errors. The videos i cannot find at all and since my comp did a little scandisk type fix it now says there is no SD card.

I'm freaking out cause i cant video xmas now!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 01:34:22 AM »
Make sure you are displaying hidden files and folders for the directory your looking at.
Alot of times when you plug in devices like that, and windows, with all it's vast wisdom decides it's best to "scan and fix any errors" (which i really hate btw) it will actually create a folder that is hidden by default and move anything it deems "corrupted" or "unfixable" or just plain unknown to it into that folder. I am assuming that this is the issue.

However if you're just trying to record video, and recover it from the phone, then removing the SD card, mounting into reader (as TM suggests) should resolve the issue. Just don't let winblows "fix any issues" when you plug it into your computer.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 03:54:47 AM »
  Yes that's exactly it. I found how to display hidden files BUT it's not letting me view anything now cause i get an error message "volume is extremely corrupted, you must format to view contents". It's really teasing me with 33 found pictures and video but i can't get to it haha.

I found a reboot trick for this phone to fix the camera (usb switch mode this, switch to that then power down back up reminded me of up a nintendo cheat code) but it's now moving all pics to the great unknown haha.

I called my phone provider and they're sending me a replacement to see if it's the software or the card. I can reformat as soon i can pull the video and maybe actually get to save xmas.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 04:11:57 AM by bodfather »

Tags: