Author Topic: said3 Heartwood trinket weaver quester  (Read 30331 times)

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: said3 Heartwood trinket weaver quester
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 10:53:24 PM »
+1
Why someone need to takeover? Said3 is still alive and kicking :)

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gruntman has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 06:50:16 PM »
+1
totally forgot I posted that Crome and when I did I used improper verbiage   :)
figured out some of it on my own thanks though!!!!!!!!

Offline said3Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • said3 has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »
+1
I will try to give some support now that i have more time, feel free to ask.

Offline facudom

• Activity:
    0%
  • facudom has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 07:17:29 AM »
+1
any update on this? D:

Offline wx1x

• Activity:
    0%
  • wx1x has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 09:56:04 AM »
+1
thank you man this helps alot but can I ask where the "Kalocr.txt" file is for downloading?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:08:01 AM by wx1x »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 10:41:35 PM »
+1
I'm answering fairly late. Apologies for that...

Kalocr is a txt that you can download from easyuo.com, in their forums there is the txt that I refer to.

Offline Hrafn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hrafn has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 02:14:48 PM »
+1
Downloaded this script and added Kalocr from Easyuo, ran both client (osi) and easyuo in administrator mode. Went to Heartwood with ingots and tinkertools and startet script. It will still just circle through the available quests from Sleen and Waelian without selecting Necessity's Mother or producing any tinker tools....

Guess it's back to turning in beer taps manually to try to get the Scrappers recipie :(

I tried tinkering a bit with the script to get it to work, but it seems very broken. The fix descriped on the first page removes the Quest NPC gump and stops on the correct quest, so the Kalocr does recognize it. But then I have a hard time getting it to actually accpet the quest, tried using various x and y positions to get the script to accept the quest. Finally i tried accepting it manually, but the script doesnt recognize the tinker tools (even if i added JTL that the id of the tools in pack). After also selcting the tinker tool manually, the script just start massproducing tinker tools and thats whan i finally gave up... anyone around that could give a few pointers on how to fix this?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:27:47 PM by Hrafn »

Offline Hrafn

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »
+1
I am still turning in beer taps an hour or two manually almost every evning....no scrapper recipie yet....

Does that cursed recipie really exist and is it really handed out from that vendor?

..or is it just a horrible myth...to torment a poor scribe...already mousy eyed from copying old scrolls an hunched from scribbling for endless hours only to be rewarded with a faster casting on a ordinary spellbook after hours of toil and sweat...

If someone with scripting competence would show mercy and sprinkle some wisdom on this script it would be like christmas/new year and Birthday - all in one package...

.... just saying....tu autem Domine miserere nobis... *sigh*

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2017, 02:33:35 PM »
+1
Freeshard or OSI.     I did the tinker quest.   I find it faster, and use less supply.   u can make a small script to make and turn tinker, once u figure how to only have this one to pop up.

Offline Hrafn

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 03:00:48 PM »
+1
I am playing on OSI not freeshard, but I am not able to create a script like that. Thats why I tried tweaking this one, but its hard when you dont know what half of the script do.

For this specific script, the part that identifies the correct quest seems to be working:
Code: [Select]
sub Toogle_Quest

call kalocr.txt getMLQInfo QuestOffer #contposx #contposy

if mother in %1
{
 set %clickx #contposx + 139
 set %clicky #contposy + 461
 click %clickx %clicky
 }
else
{
goto start
}
Return
after adjusting the contposx and contposy...
But from there on its not working at all...

Offline Hrafn

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2017, 10:46:42 AM »
+1
Sorry for naging on about this old and abandoned script, but i have made som slight progress just messing around with the cursor postions.

But I am totaly stuck on this part:
Sub Toogle_Quest_Items
exevent popup #charid
wait 10
set %Contsize #contsize
str mid %contsize 5 3
wait 10
set %Tooglex #contposx + 50
set %Toogley #contposy + #strres - 20
click %Tooglex %Toogley
wait 10
Return

As far as I understand this part tries to toggle on quest item from the Character menu, but is not working. It opens the character menu, but then nothing happens and I am not sure what going on here to try to change it. Is there a more up to date way of doing this and get the toggle? Seems like this is the last part that would actually make this somewhat semifunctional...

Nevermind! I got the Scrappers Recipie from manually handling in Beer Taps.....now I am going to stay far away from Heartwood for a looooooooong time...

Someone should remove this script and park it in the old,dead, unattended & forgotten section...so no other peep wastes hours trying to get the damn thing to work. Just saying...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:59:30 PM by Hrafn »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2017, 02:46:46 PM »
+1
UO changes so much you can't really put it in a dead section. Gump sizes change a lot and free servers many times have a lot of differences between them. Most times, it does not take much tweaking to get a script to work. I believe this was made for a free server as well which means it might still work great there but not on yours.

Tweaking scripts is also a great way to learn scripting. Why don't you keep working with it and see if you can fix it and then contact said3 and he can update it.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2017, 02:55:18 PM »
+1
Back in the day this way the bomb, but in 2009 OSI  change something and broke this OCR
call kalocr.txt getMLQInfo QuestOffer #contposx #contposy

You can do something like this.   
sub GetNewQuest
GetNewQuest:
Set #LObjectID %CrafterID
Set #LObjectType %CrafterType
Event Macro 17 0
wait 30
if #CONTNAME = generic_gump && #CONTSIZE = 507_436
 gosub offsetclick 130 400
Wait 20
return

If you are on OSI  TM have SUOQuester - ScriptUO Heartwood Quester.   The public version only have Carpentry and Bow.   

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2017, 10:50:36 PM »
+2
If I am not mistaken I uploaded an updated version of my HW scripts in this site. For this one in particular, I stopped using Kalocr ( great stuff in the past) when I knew I could isolate quests and get only 1 from the npc.

If you modify the script and make it work I can always update this page if you want.

Cheers

Offline Hrafn

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »
+1
Crisis: Im not a good, not even moderate, scripter/prorgammer. But I have gotten around 18 old scripts to work since i came back to UO couple of months ago after several years of absence. This one, as I have stated in 3 posts above, is just beyond me, i dont understand how the quest system works. "Keep at it" doesnt really cut it, since ive spent quite a few hours on this after my wrists startet to act up from the HW turn ins, without making any progress.

TheGhost: Its very nice of you to try to help, but I wonder if your realize that your comment is about the only part of the script thats working, so not really actual helpful. ;)

said3: I didnt know you were still active on this site, since this script havent been updated. Its of course good to know that you have a MUCH better script somewhere, that works perfectly for you. Always pleasant to have it rubbed in really hard... :D

Anyways..I got the Scrappers recipie (the hard and manual way) and i can get the runics via bods in no time, so no need to ever do a HW quest again for my part...