Author Topic: Went to go hiking locally and this is what I found!  (Read 3221 times)

Offline HobyTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Went to go hiking locally and this is what I found!
« on: July 30, 2013, 03:01:26 PM »
Don't think I will be hiking here!  The bottom is kinda hard to see but it says "carcass on trail, bears feeding!"  1/2 mile away.

Addendum:  Found out the whole story.  A guy was hiking and ran into a 500-600 brown bear in the bushes.  He started yelling trying to scare the bear away and it charged him.  Then stopped then charged and he shot it with his AK-74.  Yes, a AK-74, not a AK-47.  The 74 is a american version of the 47 or something, never heard of it.  Thats not the normal caliber weapon most people would carry.  It was ruled a justified shooting.  By law, fish and wild life have to take the skin and head and leave the rest there, to much and to far to try to take the carcass out.  

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Bear alert.jpg
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:22:44 PM by Hoby »
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Went to go hiking locally and this is what I found!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 03:17:03 PM »
Don't tell my girlfriend that.  There was a bison on the road at Yellowstone so we stopped and she hopped out the car and began walking toward it with her camera.  Dog gone asians and their cameras!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »
Where is this at?  Is it bear season yet? Ah hem......

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 07:08:48 AM »
Don't tell my girlfriend that.  There was a bison on the road at Yellowstone so we stopped and she hopped out the car and began walking toward it with her camera.  Dog gone asians and their cameras!

Girlfriend?  Ha!  Pics or it didn't happen!  =P

I observed the same thing when my wife and I toured in S. Dakota:  GIANT buffalo.  GIANT sign saying "Don't approach the Big F$^&ing Buffalo".  Asian man with GIANT camera less than 8 feet away, standing directly in front of the beast.

I should have snapped THAT picture.  I would have been an internet sensation.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:00:20 AM »
Ya, I was yelling at her, "use your telephoto lens, not your feet".  She ignored me.
(and no pics - she'd kill me if I posted anything.  Funny for someone that posts everything via Facebook too.)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:29:45 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: