Author Topic: replacment parts for xbox 360?  (Read 12034 times)

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: replacment parts for xbox 360?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »
TM I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt (on fixing that is) I re-ball the chips, I got all the equipment to do it.  And I replace the non-leaded with leaded solder balls and leaded based flux paste, never ever has a problem again.

X-Clamp is 4 screws and 8 washers for each heatsink, it is supposed to fix it so no more flexing from the xclamps, although I have seen them come back 100x worse because of it. Overtightening is the biggest issue, people forget you should only put enough tension on them to snug it.  Too many people torque them down with the force of thor.

And yeah bodfather, howd it work?

Not picking it up from the shop until Friday evening. So should I overheat or xclamp to fix it?

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 06:10:38 PM »
Overheat first.   Xclamp if the overheat doesn't work.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 07:26:32 AM »
Just saw this thread, was wondering how it went? 

Lead free solder, in my experience is garbage!  Also, it suffers more from being reflowed multiple times, I would suggest finding a good non-corrosive flux to squirt under the BGA before the next tiem you have to reflow the chip, atleast to clean up the solder joinst some, and then just rinse with high percentage Iso-alcohol.  And re doing the thermal compound can be helpful too.

Coragin, What equipment did you use to remove and re-attach the BGA?!  Iv'e always wanted to be able to do re-balling at home, mostly for experiments, but have never taken the dive into that hobby.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 11:47:32 PM »
Just saw this thread, was wondering how it went? 

Lead free solder, in my experience is garbage!  Also, it suffers more from being reflowed multiple times, I would suggest finding a good non-corrosive flux to squirt under the BGA before the next tiem you have to reflow the chip, atleast to clean up the solder joinst some, and then just rinse with high percentage Iso-alcohol.  And re doing the thermal compound can be helpful too.

Coragin, What equipment did you use to remove and re-attach the BGA?!  Iv'e always wanted to be able to do re-balling at home, mostly for experiments, but have never taken the dive into that hobby.
Reballing for fun or exercise is costly.  Off the top of my head...

Reball mainboard heater - $100
Reball hot air workstation - $200 (ish)
Reball templates - $50 (got the templates for 360/ps3 cpu/cpu)
Reball template and chip holder station - $50

Plus you need various other things that vary in price depending on where you get them and quality...

Board Temp Guage - $35
Flux Paste
Leaded Solder Balls
Various Sized brushes (I use horse hair paint brushes - for fluxing chips/board)
Solder gun
Heat Gun (in case the Reball dont melt all solder balls)
Obviously Thermal Paste, I use normal ceramic TP as the reball works perfect you dont need arctic silver.
I also have various lights and magnifying glasses as well as a led head lamp.

I must stress that getting into this for experiments is not recommended just from the price tag.  Since I stopped doing this, all the equipment just sits there.  I stopped due to ebay giving me a perma ban for selling jtags.  Now any account I make that even tries to sell anything no matter what it is gets the ban hammer.  It dont matter what account info I use as they track all info related to you, address, phone numbers, ip addresses...which would not be so bad except you NEED paypal.  So they even track the info you have with paypal, which includes bank account, SSN, address, phone number, everything...

There is no way to get back to selling when paypal gives ebay all of your information including SSN.  They say that they dont, but there is no other way to track other than SSN.

I used a business account, with a different address, in the business name not my own, different phone number, VM windows account, new email address connected to a .com I made myself in the business name.  The only thing that linked me to all this new info was a SSN that paypal made me provide.  Even my IP address had changed.  So I figured out all that after much trial and error.  I dont know what crime could be attached to paypal sharing your SSN with ebay, but I know for a fact that is why paypal requires a SSN for you to collect payments from ebay (and ebay only). 

I could have sold through a website, but business crashed to a halt, so I just dropped it all.  Still pisses me off as I am still getting emails from ebay saying my account is suspended and to get it back just pay them $200 in selling fees, which is a bunch of crap because my Fathers account got suspended with mine, he paid his fees and they just collected the cash and kept him suspended citing "His account is associated with mine due to the same address".  So I refuse to pay them a red cent.  I even called them and still do from time to time to bitch them out, then I say that I am recording our conversation and they promptly hang up.

Guess it is okay for them to record you, but if you record them they will hang up on you.  Try it lol call ebay and when they answer before you say anything about account info or even your name, tell them you are recording the call.  If they dont hang up they will tell you that you have to stop or they will end the call.  It is quite funny.  :)
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 05:13:06 AM »
What is the issue with selling jtags on ebay now? I sold them in the past it has been 10 years back i believe but did not know it was agaist their TOS?

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 08:00:37 AM »
Its against their tos to sell any modded console or modchip.  They are total jerkoffs.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 01:01:37 PM »
The Jtag I messed with in the day were for emulating smart cards.

Tags: