0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Sandman has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: December 23, 2013, 07:19:39 PM »
New here, doing some very basic client side edits and am pretty excited about continuing to learn about it.

27 years old, Active Duty Army, played UO off and on since 98. Love what you guys are doing, I am not talented enough to script or code myself lol.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 07:21:26 PM by Sandman »

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »
  The powers that be require some more meat and potatoes with the intro.

You can get a general idea with some of the sticky intro or you can just ramble about what you like to do in game, osi or freeshards, what made you stay in game and perhaps some memories in game. Personal info not required.

Thanks for your service sir and Merry Christmas.

Offline SandmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 07:57:47 PM »
I currently play on a few different Free Servers. Spend the majority of my time PVPing and doing my best to encourage others to PVP. I Played on Napa Valley OSI from 99 - 2003 where I spent the majority of my time pvping or griefing people as a young teenage punk lol. I firmly believe NO new video game will ever replace Ultima Online for me. It is just so simple, yet complex and open world, and it cannot be replicated. Although II have taken many breaks, mostly due to family issues or deployments, I always come back to UO.

I am now venturing into scripting and primarily just focused on client side edits for now. To me, it is my way to take the game I love and completely personalize it to ME. It is amazing to know that from a visual or audible stand point, I can edit small aspects of the game to be what I want it to be. Remember the ORIGINAL UO music files? Yupp, I want that.

The thing that always makes me laugh and think "oh man, I miss that" were the original Tents that could be placed in UO. I love custom houses, but NOTHING replaces the feeling of seeing tents and the ORIGINAL small houses. Would I be excited to place a small house now, probably not, but I still remember exactly what it felt like when I did. My wife and child are my first love, UO is definitely a close second lol.

- Happy Holidays, enjoy the time off work/school!

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »
  Thanks sir. I'm sure a mod will be along shortly to let you in.

What you do in the Army?

Offline SandmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »
Currently in the Field Artillery, I shoot rockets and missiles. Will be taking a flight exam in 3 weeks (crossing fingers) in which case I will fly helicopters for remaining ~12 years I have left lol.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 08:11:59 PM »
Currently in the Field Artillery, I shoot rockets and missiles. Will be taking a flight exam in 3 weeks (crossing fingers) in which case I will fly helicopters for remaining ~12 years I have left lol.

I always wanted to go and I scored 99 on the Asvab but we kept butting heads on the final deal. I wanted guaranteed sniper school and my choice of station. No idea how it is now but back then i was told if you picked the job they picked the station or you pick the station they'd fill you wherever they needed you.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 09:47:26 PM »
Thanks for the updated intro.  Your restrictions are lifted.  Merry Christmas and we hope you enjoy the site!

Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 09:02:27 AM »
Wow!  That is more meat!  Thank you for you additions.  Welcome to SUO.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 10:52:42 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 04:11:01 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO and as always abuse the search button !!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »

Going WOC or OCS?
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 02:54:02 PM »
Welcome and thank you for all you do!
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Tags: