Author Topic: Made a new set of legs!  (Read 3524 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Made a new set of legs!
« on: January 02, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »
By far the best Ive made. Resist lower than I would like, but I make up for that on other pieces.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
woodland legs.jpg
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
Re: Made a new set of legs!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:37:22 AM »
Are these un-enhanced?

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 11:33:31 AM »
No enhanced with heartwood and reforged before imbuing.  Which is why its got HCI 5%, DCI 5%, LMC 10% and Luck 40.  I am now farming heartwood quester for more runics.  My intent is to get pieces like the following....

Piece:
HCI 10%
DCI 5%
+ Runic Mod(s)

Piece:
HCI 5%
DCI 5%
DI 10%

Piece:
HCI 5%
DCI 5%
+ Heartwood Mod(s) (+10% DI, +5% HCI, Resists, etc)
+ Runic Mod(s) (LRC 20%, Luck 100%+, LMC 10%, etc)

By far making woodland+Reforge+Heartwood Enhance is the best you can do for armor.  I already got 4 Heartwood Runics combine (60 charges).  I intend to start with my best runics and work down.  Most will say "Minor Reforge" but from time to time you will get "Major Reforge" on higher runics and that means 2-3 mods at max.  If I keep trying I can see getting pieces with 70+ resists and HCI, DCI, or HCI, LMC etc etc etc.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 12:40:30 PM »
I hate it when you get a good piece and your resists are wrong.  What I do is plan it out on a spreadsheet and craft as many peices, like 20-30, legs with the resists I need then reforge, imbue and enhance.  That way I have the resists I need.  The other day I was looking for a gorget with very specific resists and it took about twelve hours and 25k of reg leather to get 30 pieces.  Unfortunately when I reforged them I didn't get what I was looking for.  This weekend ill have to spend another twelve hours and try to get 20-30 more gorgets to reforge.  

I take it your making a sampire suit, check out this thread for a really easy sampire suit

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=10550.0
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:49:27 PM by Hoby »
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 12:51:50 PM »
Just a question for me so i can understand the thought process. With wood land armor you only get about 44 points of resist total on the armor. On leather you can get 63 before imbuing. What off sets this to make it worth going with woodland armor. I can not see it. I am sure I am missing something. I have only been making really good armor the last 3 to 4 months, so I am still considered a newbie.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
I am not positive on this but I think it is the bonus from enhancing with heartwood. When enhancing armor with heartwood you can get one of the following random bonus properties - Luck 40, Durability 50%, Lower Requirements 20%, Damage Increase 10%, Lower Weight 50%, Hit Chance Increase 5%, Mage Armor. If you enhance last, you can get DI or HCI and I know that the HCI stacks, and I believe that DI is not a standard property on armor.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »
^^ Exactly!  It opens up for more properties somewhere else.  Figure this...

Robe DCI 5%
Quiver DCI 5%
Apron DCI 5%

Thats 15% DCI not needed on rings or armor, leaving only 30% to go....

Now, I could do 15% and 15% DCI on each ring OR Make Woodland armor and get 5% DCI and 5% HCI (or 10% DI) per piece.  OR I could get 10% HCI and 5% DCI...

With higher level runics you get what I made there.  (mind you I have NO Arms Lore, so resists are LOW) But, you can also get

5% DCI
5% HCI
10% DI

Thats on a single piece.  Which is opening my rings up for more...

Dex/Stamina
Str/HP
Luck
SSI
Int/Mana
Resists
LRC/LMC

Ideally I could make a suit with rings with....

45% DCI
45% HCI
100% DI
20% SSI
80+ LRC or 40% LMC
and all 70's

The idea here in the end is to get every single stat needed on just my suit and jewels, leaving my weapon open for higher Mana Leech.  Because as soon as you add SSI to a weapon Mana Leech gets dropped to 40% ish when it was at 60%+

And this is for a Whammy not a Sampire.  I lean towards Whammy due to the extra mana leech.  Sure I get hit a little harder and cannot move as fast, but what it lacks there it makes up for in always having mana.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
Unless its a 10 hci 5 dci piece, you are going to lose too much intensity by getting the Double Mods on the piece. The other ones you will be closer to 400 Total points than 500 points on the armor. You might be freeing up room on the jewels, but you are sacrificing mods on your armor itself.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 10:30:24 PM »
Unless its a 10 hci 5 dci piece, you are going to lose too much intensity by getting the Double Mods on the piece. The other ones you will be closer to 400 Total points than 500 points on the armor. You might be freeing up room on the jewels, but you are sacrificing mods on your armor itself.

You enhance after reforging, using POF, and Imbuing, that way the enhancing does not affect intensity. if you have that awesome piece, you will want to buy that guaranteed enhancement tool from the UO Store to make sure it doesn't break on enhancement.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 10:52:15 PM »
Still really not worth it in my opinion. A whole Lot of Effort to get ~ 520% intensity on an item on the rare chance you get the HCI to land.

Better off going studded and gaining the extra Lower Mana Cost in most Cases. Or doing Bloodwood for guaranteed HPR. For total intensities on the suit.

These days its ridiculously silly to max out most of the Properties on things.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: