Author Topic: Sampire or Whammy? You decide.  (Read 9920 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Sampire or Whammy? You decide.
« on: January 09, 2014, 07:39:07 PM »
Personally I like Whammy for a variety of reasons listed below.  For those of you who are unaware of what a Whammy is...it is essentially a Sampire with less necro using Wraith form instead.

And having played both for a bit, Whammy much much more, I can say I like Whammy a lot better. 

Here is my Pros and Cons list.  Would love to see your opinions on which you like more.

Pro's:
More skill points to have higher Tactics, Parry, Bushido
Can walk through mobs in Fel.
Dont need an insanely high Mana Leech Weapon as Wraith form has this.

Con's:
No extra dmg absorb from Swampie.
Slower Run speed.

Whats your list of pros and cons of either Sampire v Whammy or your favorite Template?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire or Whammy? You decide.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 02:50:52 AM »
I didn't know people still ran whammies tbh.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:18:51 AM »
I run a Whammy as my fisherman (please note male since I don't believe a banshee will walk through stuff on Fel).

My template on Siege is

120 Resist
115 Magery
105 Eval Int (120 with jewels)
100 Hiding
100 Spirit speak (120 with jewels)
110 Fishing
70 Stealth (75 with jewels)

Note no focus or med - I get mana from 4 mana regen on suit and what I leach as a wraith,
Note no necro so it must be a human (JOAT necro to keep wraith form or + 20 necro on jewels for Elf or gargoyle)

I carry a few scrolls if I am away from my house and die or jewels and midnight bracers I keep at my house.

I also use the SS to heal if there are bodies around or if I need to heal through poison.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 06:39:26 AM »
Banshee will walk through things in Fel ;)
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 06:49:39 AM »
I never could get into whammys. I didn't like being on foot and constantly having to cast spells (curse weapon). With a sampire I get the mounted speed, damage reduction and at worst I have to spam AI.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
i run a sampire with healing and resisting spells, its a little different. I like it and do well with it.

120 Swords
120 Bushido 
80 Parry
100 Necro
100 Resist
90 Tactics 
90 healing
90 anat
Something along those lines.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:18:16 PM by Hoby »
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »
For Solo Players I've Been Suggesting to people to run Sampire Builds that Allow them to Swap out Multiple Skills to Pretty Much Solo Anything in the Game

120 Swords
120 Bushido 
100 Parry
100 Necro
100 Resist
90 Tactics 
90 Chivalry

Then On Reserve. They would have 120 Archery, 90 Healing, 90 Anatomy, 90 SS. Total of 5 Soul Stones, but with them you could build a template anywhere between a Sampire to an Archer.

I think I had 120 Parry instead of Bushido... or Maybe only 90 Resist and 80 Chiv... can't remember exactly Should of written it down. Was pretty nasty though. Whatever spawn/Champ you wanted to do, you could just by swapping some skills.

Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 10:19:20 PM »
I am messing with a build right now, since I have never used Resist.  And I got to tell you almost EVERY time I die its due to that GD Mana Drain spell being spammed at me.

I use Armor ignore more than anything Bushido, I am thinking of dropping Bush completely, bringing Parry up to 120 adding in Resist.  :)

Any thoughts there?  This is on my new Sampire, not Whammy.  Though I am also thinking of dropping Bush down on Whammy too so I can add resist.

Dropping Bush completely on Sampire will add a LOT of mods on a good shield.  Which would be nice.

Just spitballin here.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 11:30:46 AM »
I'm not current with this stuff, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  However, I think the main reasons for having bushido were: activating the perfection system by honoring the opponent (needs min. 50 bushido skill), spamming lightning strike to maintain the perfection bonuses, and to be able to parry w/o shield.  Bushido skill also counts towards threshold for special move mana cost reduction.

http://www.uoguide.com/Perfection

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 12:51:47 PM »
I am curious if Perfection can be used at the most minimal of bushido.  Time for some testing me thinks.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 01:29:48 PM »
I am messing with a build right now, since I have never used Resist.  And I got to tell you almost EVERY time I die its due to that GD Mana Drain spell being spammed at me.

I use Armor ignore more than anything Bushido, I am thinking of dropping Bush completely, bringing Parry up to 120 adding in Resist.  :)

Any thoughts there?  This is on my new Sampire, not Whammy.  Though I am also thinking of dropping Bush down on Whammy too so I can add resist.

Dropping Bush completely on Sampire will add a LOT of mods on a good shield.  Which would be nice.

Just spitballin here.

A Sampire with no parry but lots of Bushido will never damage a shield.  Never.  I've been using the same 150 Luck shield since Shame was revamped and it has never taken a point of damage.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »

Just spitballin here.

A Sampire with no parry but lots of Bushido will never damage a shield.  Never.  I've been using the same 150 Luck shield since Shame was revamped and it has never taken a point of damage.
But I am thinking of dropping Bush for Max Parry.  :)  Not the other way around ;)
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Xielax

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Xielax has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 09:29:18 PM »
Im not trying to thread jack here but it does seem like a good place to ask this question. Can someone please give a brief explanation of what the Sampire actually does? Like the reason behind the template and why from what I can gather in reading post it has the survivability it does? I have a necro mage and a fencer with bushido and I am considering doing a soulstone morph of the 2 but I am not sure how to go about playing as a Sampire.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 05:45:34 PM »
Necro uses Vampiric Embrace which does 20% life drain, 15% stam regen and 3% mana regen.
Bushido and honoring the target gives you perfection which is a strong multiplier.
Chivalry uses Enemy of One which is another strong damage multiplier.

Honor the target, use Enemy of One, attack the target and use a weapon that grants you the Armor Ignore special and you spam that. You need to have a suit with HIGH stamina, have a weapon with stam and mana leech. Max out DCI and HCI, and add as much SSI as you can. Stratics has many threads on Sampires and Suits.

In a nutshell but this should give you the general idea.  :D

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 12:50:41 AM »
Necro uses Vampiric Embrace which does 20% life drain, 15% stam regen and 3% mana regen.
Bushido and honoring the target gives you perfection which is a strong multiplier.
Chivalry uses Enemy of One which is another strong damage multiplier.

Honor the target, use Enemy of One, attack the target and use a weapon that grants you the Armor Ignore special and you spam that. You need to have a suit with HIGH stamina, have a weapon with stam and mana leech. Max out DCI and HCI, and add as much SSI as you can. Stratics has many threads on Sampires and Suits.

In a nutshell but this should give you the general idea.  :D

That's a nice summary :) I tried once, but i kept going overboard with the details :D Great job.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Tags: