Author Topic: Got more questions, general so cant describe, read inside.  (Read 3901 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Got more questions, general so cant describe, read inside.
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:03:01 PM »
Okay I hate talking about it, so search my past posts, I have an illness and take meds, which causes major memory issues (as 12x pointed out in another thread)

So these questions are answers I at one time knew, save for the stamina/ssi question.  At least I think.

1. To gain Weapon Skills/Tactics off a Wolf Spider with 100% poison weapon, you need to be within a certain number of the spiders skill right?  For weapons and Tactics.  I am pretty sure this number is 15.  What is the number?

2. In regards to SSI and Sta Manwinc tried to explain it to me.  I need a chart and some graphs here as its not making sense.  So, first, does anyone got a link to a good writeup or chart?  And if you are using say a bokuto (2s) and have 180 stamina, does having 40% SSI on the weapon and 5/10% SSI rings do anything?  Or are those places where other mods could be swapped in?  Very confusing.

2b. When adding mods for Stamina, does DEX on Jewels add to stamina as well as adding raw stamina on suit pieces?  I noticed str has NOT been bringing up my hps.  Sigh.

3. I know at a certain level, you can start using honor with Bush to get perfection damage.  As I am thinking of dropping Bush, what is the lowest Bush you need for Perfection?  Its 50 is it not?  And does 50 do the same as say 120 in terms of Perfection?

4. How do you guys rate Resist?  I will be reading on it shortly as I am seriously thinking of dropping some skills down to add it to my template.  I detest that damn mana drain spell.  Imps, Rats, every small little jerkoff just spams the crap out of that spell.  And on any champ spawn the ONLY time I die is when they are 15 strong chain casting that crap and I cannot WW.  So does Resist make a big enough difference to that?  As that is the only spell that I care to weaken or block, what is a good resist to have to combat just that spell?

Listen guys, I know I ask a lot of questions.  I know some dont mind and if there are people that are getting fed up with me asking, please understand...This is just as frustrating to me.  A lot of this stuff I knew and knew very well.  My mind is a fog a lot of the time unless I am doing things daily.  Which I am now, but having been gone for 3-4 years and not using the knowledge I had (not only on the game, but on scripting language too) it has slipped away.  The good end is I still know the more intermediate stuff.  I can read code still and pretty much know what its saying.  Well I dont have to tell you guys I could do this before, a lot of you have seen my work first hand.

Reworking the plant Hort script and doing a complete overhaul.
I was the 2nd imbuing training script.
And then there was the imbue max/enhance repeat script.  Obviously to imbue the mods you want to 100% intensity then enhance.  And it would run over and over until you got what you wanted.

I am frustrated that I forgot all this.  I really am.

The only good part is I LOVE talking my friends here on Scripting and UO tactics, so these posts actually do some good.  It gets conversation going.  :)
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
Re: Got more questions, general so cant describe, read inside.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 05:02:03 AM »
1. To gain Weapon Skills/Tactics off a Wolf Spider with 100% poison weapon, you need to be within a certain number of the spiders skill right?  For weapons and Tactics.  I am pretty sure this number is 15.  What is the number?

The number i have success with is much higher than 15. The spot where I stop gaining in both directions is somewhere between 20 ~ 25. I want to say it was 22.1 below and 22.3 above my skill but it has been since thanksgiving that I tested this and am currently at work so I can not check my data. I would say shoot for 22 above and below and you should be good on the skill training. Also take into effect if doing true contact with the training animal like when I train parry the animal/person you are training with their skill goes up as does yours so it can move with you skill wise.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 12:48:17 PM »
Thanks for the info and the link manwinc.  :)
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 07:17:35 AM »
3.  Must be 50 skill in Bush for perfection.

Did you also write the BODrunner?  I forget...if so, it could use an update for tailoring!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 10:46:01 AM »
Nope I didnt write that.  I need to get into doing bods since I spend so so soooooooooo much on PoF and Runics.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 10:55:36 AM »

Did you also write the BODrunner?  I forget...if so, it could use an update for tailoring!

it was Paul I think.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »

it was Paul I think.

Is he still around?  We need that bodrunner updated!  Unless someone else has updated it for tailoring and bone armor?

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 11:12:29 PM »
NoBama. does it work for everything else besides Tailoring Bone? 

Did it used to do Bone and just does not anymore due to changes to menus?

Or did it never do bone?

Let me know I will take a look.  Im getting my grove back.  :)
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 04:06:35 AM »
Okay I hate talking about it, so search my past posts, I have an illness and take meds, which causes major memory issues (as 12x pointed out in another thread)

2b. When adding mods for Stamina, does DEX on Jewels add to stamina as well as adding raw stamina on suit pieces?  I noticed str has NOT been bringing up my hps.  Sigh.

4. How do you guys rate Resist?  I will be reading on it shortly as I am seriously thinking of dropping some skills down to add it to my template.  I detest that damn mana drain spell.  Imps, Rats, every small little jerkoff just spams the crap out of that spell.  And on any champ spawn the ONLY time I die is when they are 15 strong chain casting that crap and I cannot WW.  So does Resist make a big enough difference to that?  As that is the only spell that I care to weaken or block, what is a good resist to have to combat just that spell?

2b - When imbuing jewelry you can add intel, strength, and dex which will add to those categories as well as your hp, mana, and stamina. On suits though when you add stamina, hit points, and mana, it will not add to intel, dex, or strength. it will only affect mana, hp, and stamina pools. :(

4. Resist is easy to gain now so I would experiment and keep it on a soul stone. Resist now only affects spells that lower stats or that last a certain amount of time. It does no good against direct damage spells. A lot of people keep it on a soul stone and use it for specific encounters.

I am sorry to hear about your memory issues. My son has epilepsy and the main parts of the brain that are affected is the frontal lobe and left temporal lobe. When he has seizures, he forgets basic things and his though process slows way down. It can last for hours or sometimes even days depending on the severity of the seizure. He compares it to being in a cloud. He can see but most things are hazy. He gets so frustrated and down on himself so I can understand where you are coming from. Keep asking questions, and people will answer them. To those that have no patience...that's there problem. I remember coming back after a 2 year break going WTF? Hope things get better for ya!

Tags: