Scripting Resources & Utilities > UO Machine Corner

Seems to be an active project, visit it on github?

(1/4) > >>

Nylar:
I just googled this and it seems to be pretty active on github

Crome969:
you mean this ? It isnt from Xenoglyph anymore.. But thanks for telling...

TrailMyx:
Looks like Xenoglyph turned it over to someone else.  Base code is still credited to him.

TrailMyx:
Looking back at this project, I desperately wanted it to work out.  To have something that's natively compatible with my favorite modern language was something very interesting.  The idea of wrapping the C# language up with a dedicated functional UI much like EasyUO was totally interesting.  However, the few times I gave it a whirl, there were just too many client crash issues.  I love Stealth these days, but I just can't find myself dusting off my bell-bottoms and growing a mullet (again) to adapt and use a long-extinct language in order to gain full function. (blood suddenly spurts from Crome's eyes!)  I'm finding that the API interface to .NET severely limits the data connectivity between the data structures created by Delphi.

I'm actually interested in what Cheffe is thinking about with EasyUO and allowing the wrapping of Lua intermixed with EasyUO.  This is exactly the same idea I had back when I was doing the client interface with ScriptUO.  If only the decision was for a better scripting language than Lua.  It's been my hopes that Lua would start and relax the idiotic cult-like edicts for no function short-circuiting and the addition of switch/case statements.  I think some of that was addressed with the latest version of Lua, but not all of it.

[/ Tuesday Rant ends.]

Crome969:

--- Quote from: TrailMyx on January 06, 2015, 10:39:02 AM ---Looking back at this project, I desperately wanted it to work out.  To have something that's natively compatible with my favorite modern language was something very interesting.  The idea of wrapping the C# language up with a dedicated functional UI much like EasyUO was totally interesting.  However, the few times I gave it a whirl, there were just too many client crash issues.  I love Stealth these days, but I just can't find myself dusting off my bell-bottoms and growing a mullet (again) to adapt and use a long-extinct language in order to gain full function. (blood suddenly spurts from Crome's eyes!)  I'm finding that the API interface to .NET severely limits the data connectivity between the data structures created by Delphi.

I'm actually interested in what Cheffe is thinking about with EasyUO and allowing the wrapping of Lua intermixed with EasyUO.  This is exactly the same idea I had back when I was doing the client interface with ScriptUO.  If only the decision was for a better scripting language than Lua.  It's been my hopes that Lua would start and relax the idiotic cult-like edicts for no function short-circuiting and the addition of switch/case statements.  I think some of that was addressed with the latest version of Lua, but not all of it.

[/ Tuesday Rant ends.]

--- End quote ---

Oh i forgot to tell you that we are working on a new API-Redesign with Code-Gen and such on stealth

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version