Author Topic: A question about digging sand  (Read 7639 times)

Offline HalfMercyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • HalfMercy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
A question about digging sand
« on: August 02, 2015, 07:31:58 PM »
I'd like to do something to help me dig sand a little more efficiently and I don't know of any way in Razor or any script that can help me do it. Through trial and error, I can't stand digging and waiting in one spot, failing 3/4 of the attempts. I've come to realize that if I stand at the corner of where sand resource grids meet, I can use separate shovels to dig in separate grids and it isn't so bad. The thing is, I've only been able to do it manually though. I could write a simple macro in Razor to do it with specific shovels but when they run out of uses, I'd have to get new shovels, set their item ids all over, and it would be inconvenient as heck. Is there anything already in existence that would allow me to use four separate shovels to mine four separate sand grids without any hassle at all?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: A question about digging sand
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 07:42:33 PM »
Mark runes to a bunch of different sand areas and use a recall miner. Works like a charm and less monotonous!  ;D

Oh and do you have mining? It is dug up using the mining skill.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 08:53:33 PM »
I do have mining maxed out, thanks Crisis! I still fail though. And I can make recall macros in Razor - I have a chain of macros that recalls through 3 runebooks for iron, for example. But I can't make one that will use four different shovels to hit four different spots at the same time (which you can do because of the delay) unless it's using four specific shovels. It wouldn't use just any four shovels. That's what I'd like to be able to do. If I'm missing something obvious, forgive me - I'm not usually dense, but I am pretty new to this. :)

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 07:21:41 AM »
I don't think you can use multiple shovels to do this.   UOA can have a macro to mine relative location.  I beleive that most mining build can mine sand, if you are standing on sand.   I know that Spewy mining have the abilty to set up the veins manually.  All the other build are automatic.  So it will not work in Ter Mur.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 12:15:11 PM »
I don't think you can use multiple shovels to do this.   UOA can have a macro to mine relative location.  I beleive that most mining build can mine sand, if you are standing on sand.   I know that Spewy mining have the abilty to set up the veins manually.  All the other build are automatic.  So it will not work in Ter Mur.
What won't work in Ter Mur, Spewy's? The XIIxOveR miner works just fine in Ter Mur.

HalfMercy - that's an interesting mechanic that you've found, basically being able to dig with multiple tools simultaneously? I've never actually tried that to see what kind of benefit it really would have - since I mine AFK I'm not as bothered by the waiting ;). Sadly, I'm not aware of a script that already does that but let us know if you find one!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »
I'm not sure if there would be any benefit or if it would even be possible when mining ore since that's dug up so quickly. It's only the extended delay when digging up sand that prompted me to try it. If I find anything I sure will let everyone know. ☺

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 06:18:18 PM »
12x's miner works perfectly for sand.

If you read through all 30 pages of people that can't figure out you need mul files, you'll find where you need to change the depth for multi layer mining to maximize your mining experience. You can sand mine Nujelm and also get double resources in fel.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 05:34:42 AM »
OK question:

What use is sand? bottles mainly?

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 06:52:15 AM »
I use it for bottles but then you have to go buy those stupid blow pipes and there is only one npc that sells them so it takes forever

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 08:52:32 AM »
OK question:

What use is sand? bottles mainly?

1 sand makes 1 bottle and you can script mine a LOT of sand a day. You need the glassblowing book and like Cush said, you have to buy the NPC blowpipes since you can't craft them. You used to have to go to the garg city in ilsh but i think ter-mur sells them now.

The few people that make their career off selling potions want sand. It was just an added bonus when I was mining.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 01:04:33 PM »
On OSI you have to go to Ter-Mur now to get the book and blow pipes. The Gargoyle city in Ilshenar is now the Exodus Instance.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 02:28:38 PM »
Ter Mur replace the  Gargoyle city,   East of the forge u can find NPC that sell books and tools.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 04:42:08 PM »
I miss the old gargoyle city but like that I can recall to the new one. I am lazy like that!  :P

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 05:22:04 PM »
Ok  Just decise to try to mine sand , and I get the msg that I can't mine their.   WTF is going on,    Does so shard allow mining and other don't.   I have the book for stone,  I can mine stone but not sand.  that not funny.

Update:  forget to eat the book, find Glass-Quality sand. silly me
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:36:04 PM by The Ghost »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 06:02:27 PM »
lol  ;D

Tags: