Author Topic: Dumping dragged items without cursor or pointer?  (Read 3025 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Dumping dragged items without cursor or pointer?
« on: October 23, 2015, 01:17:47 AM »
Heya,

I've been looking through the documentation on how to drop an item that was dragged but not dropped anywhere, without luck. Once something has been dragged(via script) you can still move and type text but cannot cast spells, pick up anything or interact with anything.

Most of the time you would want to drop whatever you drag but I've run into a couple of instances where just dragging and doing nothing else is ideal... IF I could somehow drop it on command after(when safe to do so), perhaps with a keybind?

The only "solution" I've found in the forums so far is to log off(in threads where people report "you cannot pick that up" errors due to a dragged item pending) and I'd rather find a better way. Also, logging off makes the item appear exactly where it was picked up from, not where you currently are.

Offline HalfMercy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • HalfMercy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dumping dragged items without cursor or pointer?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 04:36:00 AM »
I used to have a macro in razor that did this. Dropped whatever I was holding to relative location 0,0 aka right where I was standing. It doesn't work where I'm playing now but of course I can't be sure if it's that it stopped working in razor or if it just doesn't work on this particular server. If you'd like I can post the macro later on when I get home.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 05:10:39 AM »
Feel free to post it for people who use Razor however this is part of a script that runs without razor so I need a solution within the script or a standard UO macro. I also don't use Razor or uoassist so I can't help with those.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 11:19:29 AM »
Code: [Select]
exevent drop #backpackid
halt

Should clear it.   Of course it  you cannot carry it, it will bounce to where it came from.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 12:41:13 PM »
Most of the time when the issue occur you are ready stuff at this stage
Code: [Select]
{
   exevent drag #findid #findstack
   exevent dropc #backpackid
   wait 30
  }

This is because you are trying to do to many action at once.  Not sure how u can use exevent drop #backpackid

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 01:31:32 PM »
No, you need to drop it into %backpackID and have that set earlier, #backpackID doesn't work reliably in testing I've been doing. Of course that could just be my script. Also, perhaps making the emergency drop happen from a menu button might be better so that it can be triggered when needed. Thanks for the ideas!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 04:54:11 AM »
you could always drop at yuot feet.   I wrote a sub once for doing that .. beeing as you cannot drop where you stand you can attempt to drop  at   #charposx +1 , #charposy +1   to  #charposx - 1 , #charposy - 1  (8 spots)

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: