Author Topic: Using Hort-o-Matic Without Locking Down The Computer?  (Read 5952 times)

Offline TarpanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Using Hort-o-Matic Without Locking Down The Computer?
« on: June 08, 2011, 04:46:34 PM »
I'm hoping there's a way to do this.

Is there any way to use the Hort-o-Matic script to tend plants and be able to use the computer for other things at the same time? I'd like to make the most of my time while running it, and because it takes about 15 minutes to tend on each of my characters I can't really go too far away from the computer. As it is it pretty much takes over.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Using Hort-o-Matic Without Locking Down The Computer?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:02:35 PM »
All things in life are solved by adding more monitors to your computer.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TarpanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 06:34:27 PM »
Would that solve the problem of it taking control of the mouse?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:40:07 PM »
umm not a very nice script ... you could run a virtual machine... or edit the clicks so they dont move the cursor.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:49:10 PM »
If it uses OCR you are pretty much limited to needing to use a Virtual Machine.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:53:18 PM »
And it does use OCR :)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
Yes, but ocr just means that it needs to be able to see the pixels, a seperate screen works fine, or just leaving the part of your screen open so it can see the plant gump. If it forces the clicks to actually move your mouse, you will need to modify that, as far as I know its not mandatory for it to move the mouse to work. If you are running windows seven I'm pretty sure you can in fact put things in front of the window and it still does the proper ocr, just don't minimize it.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 11:05:11 AM »
Yes, but ocr just means that it needs to be able to see the pixels, a seperate screen works fine, or just leaving the part of your screen open so it can see the plant gump. If it forces the clicks to actually move your mouse, you will need to modify that, as far as I know its not mandatory for it to move the mouse to work. If you are running windows seven I'm pretty sure you can in fact put things in front of the window and it still does the proper ocr, just don't minimize it.
I believe this is true, Twinkle McNugget mentioned it somewhere that there was some condition that had to be met....Wait, I remember where it was....brb.

X

<edit> here it is from one of my beta threads, not sure if this means it won't work with 64-bit or not. Either way, perhaps some elaboration on the issue, is it an OCR issue or is it a mouse moving issue?

"Read about this in that open thread and read this thread, thought I'd remind you guys that pixel scanning DOES WORK in 32 bit vista and win7 if the window is covered...  "

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:07:28 AM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline alf464

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • alf464 has no influence.
  • No Problem!
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 03:01:43 PM »
I modified the script so it can execute even minimized. I'm not sure where to post it. it's EUOX.

Tags: