Author Topic: So long, and thanks for all the fish!  (Read 29074 times)

Offline BobOzarius

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BobOzarius has no influence.
  • Respect: +26
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 02:45:35 PM »
+1
I got 500 bucks burning a hole in my pocket right now.  ;)  In honor of you throwing in the towel, maybe I will too. If anyone would like some free scripting lessons on Pac. Let me know. I'll help out before I quit too. I've been considering quitting for the last 2 or 3 months myself.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:51:21 PM by BobOzarius »

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 03:36:03 PM »
+1
But learning to script is all about learning from sample code.

Are you saying you're going to unlock the script section of the private forum for us all to learn more? You are, you are!!  :o

j/k

I agree, I learned by examining one script, seeing what (and more importantly why) it could do what it does and expanding on it. Wouldn't have been possible without this community backing up and encouraging total newbs, the patience...  ;)

Will you be trying out other games with all your newfound free time TM?

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 04:49:33 PM »
+1

Are you saying you're going to unlock the script section of the private forum for us all to learn more? You are, you are!!  :o

j/k

Gem, Im sure your library of scrip if better and more up to-date that what the private forum have to offer.   I have use one script  so far and took me 55 hrs to get it to work :)

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 04:53:12 PM »
+1
I know, I was teasing. Of course I wanted to see it all when I was needing more help but I don't think I have even one script that I use today which is original anymore, I've made changes to everything for my needs, lol. The ones I use most I wrote myself at this point.

Still, there's always a morcel of code here or there that inspires  ;)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 07:01:15 AM »
+1

Gem, Im sure your library of scrip if better and more up to-date that what the private forum have to offer.   I have use one script  so far and took me 55 hrs to get it to work :)

But how many of those hours were actually the script itself, or the script user and his ancient SOSes?  heh.  Who woulda though one would have SOSes pre-dating the authoring of a nearly 8 year old script.  That one still makes me chuckle.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 02:26:30 PM »
+1
THose SOS date form  the first day of HS.

Atlease I mind be the last person that you help debugging your script :)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 02:13:45 PM »
+1
SO many happy memories, here...thanks!  Maybe it's time to give away all my stuff at last...

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
+1
No dont do it Nobama!

Tags: