Author Topic: Powerscroll Organizing and Combining  (Read 4777 times)

Offline GaderianTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Powerscroll Organizing and Combining
« on: January 13, 2020, 06:22:36 PM »
+1
This is my Powerscroll organizer.

It has some very specific requirements. There will be issues if those are not followed.

Setup:
  • 8 Powerscroll books locked down within reach (2 tiles of character)
      Note that levels 105, 115 and 120 need 1 (2 work better) while 110 requires 2 to guarantee enough scrolls to make matches available
  • 2 secure containers in reach:
    • holds scroll binders
    • holds unsorted Powerscroll books (These are called Raw in the script)
  • Start the script and the menu shows up.
  • There are a set of green books and red books. The button to the left of the green books or red books in the "Sorted" box are used to target the respective books. There is a green book for each PS level 105, 110, 115 & 120. Press the green small button then target the respective book you have locked down to use.
    Repeat these steps for the red books.
  • Press the button for Raw... then target the container with unsorted Powerscroll books in that container.
  • Press the button for Scroll Binders... then target the secure with fresh scroll binders.
Now that setup is complete, you can use it to process scrolls.
The setup options (check boxes) are not really dynamic - meaning if you uncheck/check one while Sort/Inventory/Combine is processing - it may/may-not be honored until the next time you choose a process.

Checkboxes:
These are described to the immediate right of each button:
Inventory:
  • Sort Finished - move scrolls from the sorted books into other categories or not?
  • Target When Book Full - not sure how well this works, but if unchecked it will try to automatically roll over to the red book (or green book) if the current book for that level is full. If you check it, then it is supposed to pause and wait for you to target which secured book you want to move scrolls into.
Sort:
  • Do you want to sort 105/110/115/120 scrolls? check them all. Want to only sort 120 scrolls into a book, then uncheck the others you don't want.
Combine:
  • Do you only want to combine 105/110/115 scrolls? Set as you wish.
  • Include Raw means do you want to go through the Raw books to see if any scrolls match the current skill and PS level. Unchecked by default because it is *slow*. I recommend sorting Raw into sorted and use only the sorted books to combine.
Buttons:
Inventory - Read the contents of all books
Sort - Move scrolls into Sorted books by category
Combine - If any inventory is sufficient to create a full binder and create the next higher level scroll, pull those from books, pull a scroll binder, combine these and place the resulting new scroll into the appropriate Sorted Level Book.

Pause - pauses the script operation and works in most routines after a reading the current OCR
Empty Book - removes as many scrolls as possible up to your weight/item limit
Fill Book - moves all scrolls in your back pack into the secured book of your choice

Quit - Quits the script operation...

Minimal Execution to Combine Scrolls:
  • Follow Setup steps above
  • Press Inventory
  • Press Combine

This requires KalOCR to read the book data. I will include the version here.

This is not the fastest way to process the data, but it does work with minimal house lockdowns. That was part of the criteria of this project. The original design was to keep item counts to a minimum. It is the old adage about you want speed/quality/cost ... pick any 2. ;)

Known Issues (Version 1.4):
  • Books become full - any scrolls in main backpack will be placed into the next book where scrolls are added
  • When a scroll is added, the current book closes and the script moves to the next skill (rather than complete the current skill to combine more scrolls)

Wish List of Enhancements/Fixes (Version 1.4):
  • Save Setup
  • Simple keep known data of books (if book count is same... assume contents are the same; if book count different... force re-Inventory book)

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
PowerScroll_Organizer1_4.txt
kalocr.txt
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 04:55:11 PM by Gaderian »
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Powerscroll Organizing and Combining
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 06:23:25 PM »
save for future updates

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline phj7476

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • phj7476 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 05:24:29 PM »
Does it work on official servers too?
It keeps failing.
It would be better if you filmed how to use it on YouTube and upload it!!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 07:34:16 PM »
It keeps failing.

Did you follow all of the directions in the post?
This is my Powerscroll organizer.

It has some very specific requirements. There will be issues if those are not followed

This is also 3 years old and may need to be tweaked a little bit. I also doubt most script writers are going to do a YouTube walk through of their script. Isn't enough that they wrote it and shared it with others? I am not trying to be rude, just pointing it out. If these were paid for, then I might agree with the Youtube walk through, but they are free.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 02:07:43 PM »
It keeps failing.

This was written to function on official servers. I never tried it on a freeshard.

Lots of requirements in the setup. How many books locked down on the floor of the house. Security for the books. All the books and the containers to pull scroll binders need to be in reach. These all must be within 2 tiles of the character's standing position.

Needs more info on what it does (or how it fails) beyond just stating that it fails.

Tags: