Author Topic: TrailMyx's Chat Monitor (for Alexandria)  (Read 15547 times)

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Chat Monitor (for Alexandria)
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2020, 08:54:21 PM »
While bank seatting, it was nice to see all the chat.     Will be nice to have regular person 2 person too.  those damm color in journal are hard to read.     

I test while hunting and it just pick up gen chat.  Great job.  I run both version (e & f) at the same time and didn't see any different.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 10:27:06 AM »
While bank seatting, it was nice to see all the chat.     Will be nice to have regular person 2 person too.  those damm color in journal are hard to read.     

I test while hunting and it just pick up gen chat.  Great job.  I run both version (e & f) at the same time and didn't see any different.

Thanks Ghost for testing.  e and f are almost the same except version f splits lines that are longer than 100 characters into subsequent 100 character lines.

Hopefully this script will give one of the .NET developers of Stealth or python developers of other tools ideas to make a more feature-rich application that might include person-person chat threads.  I don't see that happening with this script; it's too darn annoying handling the UI and UI constructs.  EasyUO is just too slow for this kind of thing.  Plus I'm not writing EasyUO scripts anymore - I'm just dusting off my more useful scripts for the masses in case I get hit by a bus tomorrow or the COVID takes me in my sleep.  :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:55:14 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 12:13:30 PM »
I ran this version for several hours just interacting with the chat channel. I liked it. It does a nice job to filter all the extraneous journal messages and gives a nice interface.

Thanks for working on and sharing this.

Gaderian

Very cool, thanks for testing it.  I found it useful to gather chat perhaps when you're bank sitting, and want to easily go back to just the chat that has long since disappeared from the journal log.  It's probably not something you'd want to run during hunting or some other intensive times.

I used to use your CHat Monitor to take notes for Guild Meetings.  Made it much more simple when it was all in game chat in taking all the notes.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2020, 04:45:03 PM »

I used to use your CHat Monitor to take notes for Guild Meetings.  Made it much more simple when it was all in game chat in taking all the notes.

Oh that's a use I didn't even think of.  If only there was an easy way to get the information out of the UI.  Someone really needs to rewrite this in Stealth.  :)

Edit: Updated the first post with version "F" that's also defaulted to OSI now.  If you want to run it on RunUO shards like Alexandria, just change:

Code: easyuo
  1. set %shard_type OSI ; RunUO or OSI

to this (at the beginning of the script)

Code: easyuo
  1. set %shard_type RunUO ; RunUO or OSI
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 04:48:23 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: TrailMyx