Author Topic: Eggscavator (Medusa keys) beta  (Read 7171 times)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Eggscavator (Medusa keys) beta
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2021, 03:07:52 PM »
The variable set %yhole is incorrect- No pound sign in that...
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline baldielocksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2021, 03:52:26 PM »
whats super funny is I caught that and removed it in the V2 I uploaded and commented on it. Then, I FORGOT that I did that when I tried yours!
Made the edit, but the script never advances to that sub. It still loops in the Find_hole and Find_closest.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 03:58:54 PM by baldielocks »

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2021, 04:55:58 PM »
I do not have a snake charming flute on pacific where my stealther is - and too lazy to go make one. ;)

This should fix the search looping constantly...

Not sure why what we had wasn't working - I will have to think about that one. Anyway, this fixes that logic. Can you try it and let me know.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
BL_EGGScavator_V_3_3.txt

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2023, 06:46:20 PM »
I am making a guy to give this a shot. So far I have gm mage/med/hide/stealth

Being it is a flute would I want music on the char?
Am I missing any other needed skills?

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2023, 07:13:56 PM »
My character template for this was magery, meditation, focus, mysticism, spellweaving, hiding, stealth. Never had bard skills.

The flute is a snake charmer (I think it is carpentry crafted) and IIRC functions like herding on a skill delay.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2023, 08:46:24 AM »
Made a char to try this out. gm hide, 110 mage, 120 stealth, gm med 110 music.
all you really need is hide and stealth.

I experimented a little before running the script no music vs. 110 music it seemed I failed a lot less. I am dealing with a very small sample so could be RNG i do not know but i had the pts so added music.

The original V_3 works very well. Occasionally I come out of hiding and get swarmed by snakes. I have never really played a thief template so I don't know if you need to rehide or anything every so often or not. im @ gm hiding 120 stealth and striped nekked and it still came unhidden about 45 min in.

The latest version posted by Gaderian a few post up just has the stealther wandering around and never playing the flute. I tried this first then the other so did not look into this at all. Please let me know how I can help further on this.

Conclusion: Died 3 times, eggs are blessed so didn't matter. collected 45 eggs so I call that a win

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2023, 10:17:02 AM »
I have a version 3.81 (june 1, 2021) and 4.0 (may 26, 2021). Not sure the differences beyond what was posted here.

From what I remember about running this is if you are revealed it should try to hide or possibly cast invisibility on your character so that you are relatively out of danger.

The whole chance to reveal is annoyingly high and is related to how close creatures are to your character.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2023, 01:05:10 AM »
Here is about the closest version we finished with. It includes validation for the grassy area and should basically keep you there and not target something outside that part.

The previous versions of the script would find snakes and nests that were out of line of sight. This corrects that issue by ignoring both snakes and nests that will lead you down that path.

This also tries to cast invisibility on your character and then hide. This is about the best that can be done to avoid being attacked by a swarm of snakes once revealed. The followup with the hide ('event macro 13 21') could use it's own timer logic since if you were revealed twice inside the time you can execute the hide attempt, it could leave you vulnerable once the magery Invisibility spell runs out (it's duration is based on your magery skill). Basically the idea is that you cast invis on yourself, then use the hiding skill. Now you will not be revealed based on a timeout (like what happens from Invisibility spell), but only from something else revealing you via it's Detect Hidden passive ability.

The versions after this one were about cleaning up the routines to eradicate the 'goto' logic altogether. There was one more concept I had about implementing the ignoreitem logic, but it is wholly untested and there was no logic to support it.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
BL_EggScavator_V_3_72.txt

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2023, 09:43:51 AM »
I will try this tonight and report what I see.

From what you said that if you walk threw a mob for example there is a chance to be reveled this will happen on this script. When it ran for about 2 hours from the snakes coming up out of the holes there were tons and tons of snakes in the area. The longer the script runs there are more snakes so goes to reason if that is the way stealth works we will be reviled eventually.

I am excited to see the invs/hide to see how long it runs.

Tags: