Author Topic: Bod Filler Expanded to Newer Craft Options  (Read 24072 times)

Offline Sergey

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Sergey has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Bod Filler Expanded to Newer Craft Options
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2022, 02:05:18 PM »
The script selects fabric if the BOD is fabric. If you put the skin, he does not sew a fabric BOD...There is no choice of fabric in the threads...just the skin..I don't understand how to fix it..Even if you try to sew by hand, the same thing happens..

Offline Sergey

• Activity:
    0%
  • Sergey has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2022, 02:06:56 PM »
And yes, everything works well with the skin

Offline GaderianTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2022, 08:38:42 PM »
So the solution is to remove the reward cloth from your container and store it away somewhere else. Get basic cloth from that you make from bolts or make bolts of cloth from wool or flax.

The alternative is to work out how to make use of the reward cloth - which was not in the original design and you are the only person who has reported trying to use it. Everyone else is using the cheap cloth methods - so you should, too.

As a different solution, you can recode the script for your own use to process the reward cloth with the extra prompts. Seems like a lot of work and nothing other people have even hinted at requesting - after thousands of people have run the script in its original form.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2022, 04:19:18 PM »
There are some pretty cool scrips on this site that have saved me tons of time and energy. I have used a lot of them and not commented because they are cool and run as they should.

This script is an exception it is AWSOME!!! whoever wrote this if I had a daughter I would let you marry her. What a time saver, so fast, so easy to set up if you read the description...  Amazing stuff TYTYTY

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2022, 08:25:10 PM »
I am not sure if marrying off a child is an appropriate offer...  :o

The original author went by Snicker7, hence the S7 at the start of the script name. The fact that it is using an outside file to run the crafting was genius, but I suspect it may have come from another script writer's efforts. This allows the code to be easily used for both production and freeshards.

The script does have some not-so perfect elements. Since I revamped it to extend beyond tailoring and blacksmith skills, so I am definitely allowed to critique it. If I could rewrite one part it would be the Freeshard/Production determining code.

If you are just running it from this thread's setup, then you may not realize that it is also callable. So some other's have published scripts that called the original version to fill whole BOD books. Such a project could be adapted to do the same with any of the BOD skills. The major element is determining that the materials to craft the item should exist in the resource containers.

The original script allowed a single resource container. This version allows a primary resource container (where excess goods and materials will be dropped), but can pull resources from any container in reach and opened by the player. This became necessary because having a mixture of BOD types and skills on the character - could overwhelm decent organization in a container.

This version also requires the trash can (or Venus Fly Trap) to be in range at start up. I don't remember if it is only bone armor or if other items require the trash can to dispose of non-exceptional ones. The original would check for the trash can when trying to craft bone armor only. I decided it made more sense to just require the trash can option at the start of the script - before any BOD's have been defined for filling. Otherwise it would significantly slow down the script seeking out the trash can at each crafted item loop.

I personally tested a deed of each possible item. I did not test crafting each item for each material type though. The primary 2 testers covered a lot of testing over about 2-3 months time while the project progressed to expand the BOD types. There were a few things we missed in that project window and I tried to adjust for any of those reported and confirmed. It wouldn't shock me if there are a few corner cases that have been overlooked, because we may not have encountered every BOD possible in that time frame, so if you run into something that doesn't work, please post about it. As I am not actively BOD collecting, it is helpful if you can set aside a problem BOD and allow me to test with it.

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2022, 06:07:19 AM »
I ran it with smith, tailor and carpentry last night. It did call for the trash can on the carpentry not sure what for I was not paying that much attention. I will get my hands on some tinker, fletching alcomy bods this week and really put it threw its paces and report to you what I see.

As far as im concerned its awesome as it is. So if my unborn daughter is out of the question we might be breeding my lab soon need a puppy?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2022, 08:22:32 AM »
I tried to explain. The reason it forces the trash can is that you can mix any BOD types. This way it checks for and sets up the trash can once per full run. That is 1-2seconds. The alternative is add 1 second to each crafted item. That was 20 seconds for a 20 piece bod. Think about how much slower it was getting the trash can when needed…??
This way is much better!

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2023, 02:06:18 PM »
Been doing some testing with Carpentry...

I'll add as I go but first issue.

"club" bods create 2 problems:

1. the script will not select a new type of wood and the GUMP will repeatedly say you don't have the right kind of wood.

2. once you select the right kind of wood manually the script will only make "Plain Low Table" instead of "club"

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2023, 07:38:40 PM »
Woodland Leggings is making Vesper-Style Chair

Offline Broodking

• Activity:
    0%
  • Broodking has no influence.
  • Die hard UO player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2023, 06:49:02 AM »
Hello, I posted this also on EUO site.  Smith makes item and its correct but smelts the item and does not fill the bod with correct item.  Not sure if I am doing something wrong?

You are a saint for tackling this script!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2023, 07:34:22 AM »
Hi Broodking,
I read that over on easyuo as well.

If you hover the mouse over the crafted item, what is the name?
What color is the item? Does it match the color of 'dull copper'? or is the color the same regardless the color the source materials?

Offline Broodking

• Activity:
    0%
  • Broodking has no influence.
  • Die hard UO player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2023, 08:03:09 AM »
Hello and thank you for your response.  Hovering over it says Dull Copper metal shield which is what is supposed to craft the item looks the same as regular iron.  this is OSI UO I want this to work so bad because I have probably close to 50k bods.   mostly high end :).  Tried this with another bod using shadow iron and same problem.  it crafts the correct item then immediately smelts it.  makes another, smelts

So i changed to KEEP INGOT COLOR as option and it worked?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 12:12:05 PM by Broodking »

Tags: