Author Topic: UO Vice and Virtue  (Read 24222 times)

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
UO Vice and Virtue
« on: December 14, 2021, 08:20:27 PM »
+1

IP: play.uovnv.com
Port:2593
REQUIRES CUSTOM INSTALL - Can be found on website https://uovnv.com/index.php?pages/uovnvinstallinstructions/

Come one...
Come all...
Step inside the UO world of Vice & Virtue.
This is a custom shard with an old school playing style that has the added features of all the expansions running thru High Seas.
There is much to do, in ways of champs and quests and for those that enjoy PVM the dungeons are open and the hoards await.
For those that prefer a little PVP action, killers and thieves await those brave enough to enter the gates leading to Felucca.
For those that dream of a life outside of the warrior class, there is still much to achieve for the creative mind.
From the blacksmith's forge to the baker's ovens. From the tinker's workshop to the tailor's loom.
Those trained in a trade skill shall never go hungry and the miners and lumberjacks will remain busy as bees gathering the custom resources.
There is also much to see as many of the Cities have been reconstructed to coincide with the storyline.
All in all this shard was designed by UO veterans that simply love the game.
Okay maybe some of us are a little obsessed, considering we've been playing this game since the days of old or what some call the 90's.
So we created something that we wanted to play.
A world where everyone can advance and prosper thru hard work.
While we do reward donations, this is by no means a pay to play shard.
We want people to have fun and every member of the community can achieve both fame and fortune if they're willing to grind for it.

For inquiring minds we do have a Skillcap of 700 and a Statcap of 300.
One account per IP and up to three houses per account, the two extra houses come thru vet rewards or you can rent a place if you're not ready for a forever home.
We offer Imbuing and Mysticism and a variety of Combat Magery books and oh so much much more.

So please join us on this first step of our journey.
And no matter what path you may take.
No matter what hardships that may befall you.
No matter what enemies that may grieve you.
Above all else, please, try to always remember to have fun.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: UO Vice and Virtue
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 08:00:59 AM »
Out of curiosity, what does the custom exe and dlls do?  Is there a modification to the UO.exe or some of the resources?  Just curious. 

Nevermind, I see what it does.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 09:42:16 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 01:16:14 PM »
New Haven is very nicely decorated.  Neat little shard you've got going on.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 03:01:34 PM »
Thank you.  Our deco team is working on Customizing all cities.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 03:04:09 PM »
Thank you.  Our deco team is working on Customizing all cities.

Ya, it looks really good!  At first I logged in without using the patched client and walked about 5 tiles and got stuck.  From there I figured you had some custom stuff going on!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 08:17:09 AM »
It makes my brain hurt how much you guys have decorated the cities.  Your deco team really has a great flair for it.  Having done this kind of thing before, I can appreciate how much work went into this given the quality/usefulness of the tools I had when I did this.  It really is a pain in the a$$.  Kudos. 

I've played for a couple days and it really is very nice.  I'd recommend this shard to anyone wanting to give UO a fresh start.  I was thinking about following Lexia when they migrate/reset, but after what I see at VnV, I think I'll continue with you guys.

No complaints so far, especially for the starting player - it's very easy to keep up your momentum with easy resurrection and new player teleporting.  Even the more obscure adventure places seem to have player support so that frustration remains at a minimum.  It's annoying to die, but not at all frustrating.  You can tell that whoever is doing the player support tweaks knows the full UO map very well.

So far so good!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2021, 06:56:56 PM »
So far I've made 4 separate characters.  I started with a Paladin just so I could get enough gold to finance the basics.  I managed to farm enough LRC items to start a pure mage once I found a good spell channeling mage weapon.  From there I farmed a few harder places to pad my LRC cache.  Once I got another set of LRC, I started my tamer.  Getting spellweaving on this shard is a PITA because the Exodus dungeon is a horror show to get the required minons to complete the SW quest. The dungeon is completely stuffed with bad guys.  I might have to give up on SW.

I'm presently finishing my fisherman so I can farm my lovely MIBs.  The FaF works great here once you reach 75.0.  I made a quicky script to fish off the shore until the FaF can take over.

Oh, I also made a stealth/mage just so I can stealth around and get some need runes since most spawns are pretty heavy.  The Ice dungeon is another place where it's pretty much insanity 24/7.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 10:38:35 PM »
I just really started tonight. I made a tamer but with no LRC, I started a miner/LJ to make some money. I might make a pally too since they are more fun than mining by hand lol.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 10:42:46 PM »
I have a few pieces of LRC items if you'd like.  Having just gotten my fisherman pulling up chests, I have a better source now.  Been busy tweaking my MIB autofarmer so that it'll work on VnV.  It must be totally broken on OSI if VnV functions similar.

From what I see, I think KalInEx's sosmaster seems to be broken as well.  I had to completely tweak my MIB OCR function so that it'll read the coords.  It's very slow, but it works.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 10:54:34 PM »
If you want to toss me an SOS - I can check out the sos master script's ability to read one. Only takes a few minutes that way. Probably takes longer to train up fishing than to figure out how the OCR functions.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2022, 07:53:37 AM »
I have a few pieces of LRC items if you'd like.  Having just gotten my fisherman pulling up chests, I have a better source now.  Been busy tweaking my MIB autofarmer so that it'll work on VnV.  It must be totally broken on OSI if VnV functions similar.

From what I see, I think KalInEx's sosmaster seems to be broken as well.  I had to completely tweak my MIB OCR function so that it'll read the coords.  It's very slow, but it works.

Heritage (OSI Clone) which is run by the guy (Dan) running ServUO had a lot of issues as well. He fixed them on Heritage but not sure if he moved those fixes to the ServUO package or just Heritage.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2022, 09:19:25 AM »
If you want to toss me an SOS - I can check out the sos master script's ability to read one. Only takes a few minutes that way. Probably takes longer to train up fishing than to figure out how the OCR functions.

Lemme know when you have a chance to look at it Gad.  I can meet up with you on VnV.  Not sure if you'll need to install the client or not.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 12:01:56 PM »
Hey guys, long time no talk! :)

Started some chars on VnV yesterday and today, playing around and having fun. Very nice! Been a little obsessed with trying to figure out the best way to quick-farm some gold to start, it's been a long time since any ol' piece of LRC and every $1k felt like a major accomplishment LOL.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2022, 01:00:29 PM »
Hey guys, long time no talk! :)

Started some chars on VnV yesterday and today, playing around and having fun. Very nice! Been a little obsessed with trying to figure out the best way to quick-farm some gold to start, it's been a long time since any ol' piece of LRC and every $1k felt like a major accomplishment LOL.

X

Same offer to you 12X, need anything LRC related, just ping me.  I have the chat monitor running, so I'll catch it.

Also, I got the MIB autofarmer sorted out and working on VnV, so if you need your fishing fix, then it works pretty well attended.  I'll post it in the Elite section once I get it a bit more polished.

Nice to see you again, btw!  I needed a bit of a winter UO diversion myself.

It is kinda fun to see prices not so insane for a change.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2022, 01:33:41 PM »
Funny how UO always seems to re-attract us old timers :D I've missed everyone, hope to see you guys floating around in game!

I know what you mean about prices, I sold a single vet reward on Atl for over 400 mil to help fund a new Samp suit the last time I played there and people were tripping over each other to buy it. Kind of shocking really since I have literally dozens of unclaimed rewards yet I always have viewed myself as gold-poor.

I appreciate the LRC offer, I MAY take you up on it but first I want to suffer for a while to see how long it takes me ;)

There seems to be quite a bit going on on VnV that I'll eventually need to figure out - where is fel? How to get in Twisted Wield? What are all of these fencer/ranger/sword/etc spell scrolls? Where are spawning locked trunks now? Etc etc. Fun times!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: