Author Topic: lethal darts  (Read 8896 times)

Offline phatbluntsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • phatblunts has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
lethal darts
« on: March 18, 2009, 09:56:02 PM »
+1
does any one know if there is a working heartwood script for the lethal dart quest ?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: lethal darts
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:26:39 PM »
+1
Nobody wants to do this one because of the timer associated with this quest.  Simple Bow is the best quest to use if you are searching for a heartwood kit because there's not timer associated .  At around 32 seconds/quest, that makes it waaaay faster.  Why would anyone want to do the darts quest? 

Seriously, I'm curious because everyone always asks so I'm curious if there's something I'm missing....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 04:15:25 AM »
+1
I think people have the misconception that stocking a full load (beetle+packy's) and making the darts for the quest would turn out quicker.

I've often wondered how a two account "helper" script would work out... friend them to the transport and reload while the other toils away...
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 05:04:49 AM »
+1
I think people have the misconception that stocking a full load (beetle+packy's) and making the darts for the quest would turn out quicker.

That's just plain silly!

I've often wondered how a two account "helper" script would work out... friend them to the transport and reload while the other toils away...

I have to finish my ultimate slave script.  It lets you command the function of another character including starting rails, banking, recalling/gating, giving items, accepting items, etc

« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:06:54 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 05:28:27 AM »
+1
There used to be a bug where you could simply use the same 10 darts over and over but that was fixed a while back. When it was working though this was the way to go even though the timer is three minutes verse every 32 seconds on the regular bows. I was using several temp accounts each with 10 bolts thus was hammering out 3 to 4 quests every three minutes but I never had to leave to restock. This equated to faster results and was scalable to large numbers of accounts.

Now that this bug is fixed the numbers just don't work out. Consider TM's estimate of 32 seconds per quest and each quest taking approximately 80 boards at 100% success (I think it's 8 boards per bow) this means you would run out of stock after every 24 or so quests (1600 boards on a beetle, 300 in pack) thus every 13 minutes you leave to restock. Assuming the restock takes what, roughly 2 minutes at most, you are averaging approximately 15 minutes for 24 quests verse 72 minutes if doing the bolts on a single account. This alone increases your odds of obtaining the ever-elusive Heartwood runic kit by about 78%!

There are definitely still reasons to do bolts though. It's safer because you leave a lot less often and can stay hidden for long periods of time without your beetle showing up, etc. This means less chance of getting paged on. There's also something to be said for the quest sounds happening only every few minutes verse constantly - ie, less noticable.

So I guess, as with real life, it's about risk verse profit. The riskier you are willing to be the more money you eventually end up making. Nothing wrong with a "safe" investment though :)

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 05:39:58 AM »
+1
I figure if you are down there to get a kit/saw, well you might as well do it as quickly as possible. ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 05:55:20 AM »
+1
Won't hear any disagreement from me! I just like numbers.  ::)
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: