Author Topic: UO Vice and Virtue  (Read 24223 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: UO Vice and Virtue
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2022, 01:39:15 PM »
Funny how UO always seems to re-attract us old timers :D I've missed everyone, hope to see you guys floating around in game!

I know what you mean about prices, I sold a single vet reward on Atl for over 400 mil to help fund a new Samp suit the last time I played there and people were tripping over each other to buy it. Kind of shocking really since I have literally dozens of unclaimed rewards yet I always have viewed myself as gold-poor.

I appreciate the LRC offer, I MAY take you up on it but first I want to suffer for a while to see how long it takes me ;)

There seems to be quite a bit going on on VnV that I'll eventually need to figure out - where is fel? How to get in Twisted Wield? What are all of these fencer/ranger/sword/etc spell scrolls? Where are spawning locked trunks now? Etc etc. Fun times!

X

Fel you can access anytime after your young status expires.  As for Twisted Weld, I had to get Tidus to point out how to get into heartwood for the Dreadhorn quest.  I failed and finally had to ask for help.  I'm not sure about the additional scrolls, but there are some explanations on the VnV forum.  Being old skool, I'm doing it how I know at this point.

I'd like to get spell weaving going, but man I have no idea how I'm going to kill the necessary exodus minons and overseers.  Let me know if you figure that one out.

Anyhow, if you see Kankles, Threelip, Elfira or Slinkypoo, say "HI"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 02:01:50 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2022, 02:48:50 PM »
Fel you can access anytime after your young status expires.
Oh crap, of course - it's been so long since I've been young it didn't even occur to me.

As for Twisted Weld, I had to get Tidus to point out how to get into heartwood for the Dreadhorn quest.  I failed and finally had to ask for help.
Ok, so there IS a Heartwood then? LOL excellent, at least that's a start! I'm sure I'll need the hint.

I'd like to get spell weaving going, but man I have no idea how I'm going to kill the necessary exodus minons and overseers.  Let me know if you figure that one out.
Perfect, I need a challenge. I know what I'll be working on tonight now!

Anyhow, if you see Kankles, Threelip, Elfira or Slinkypoo, say "HI"
Will do! Sean John, Enthror, Abdul Alhazred, and Henry Morgan so far here!

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2022, 02:55:55 PM »
Ok, so there IS a Heartwood then? LOL excellent, at least that's a start! I'm sure I'll need the hint.

So the hint can only best be from a quotation found in Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan where Spock talks of Khan thusly:

Quote from: Spock
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates 2 dimensional thinking.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2022, 04:06:48 PM »

So the hint can only best be from a quotation found in Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan where Spock talks of Khan thusly:

Quote from: Spock
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates 2 dimensional thinking.

Got it! LOL

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2022, 07:11:12 PM »
Nice to wee you  guy.   

For the SW quest,  just go to Honor gate,   their  two  monster to kill.     Will be easier if a few guy go.  Cast EV, Pain strike,   Disco Help too. 

Guest I will need to load the shard and see what happening.

Can Razor start the game?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 07:15:18 PM by The Ghost »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2022, 07:17:58 PM »
For the SW quest,  just go to Honor gate,   their  two  monster to kill.     Will be easier if a few guy go.  Cast EV, Pain strike,   Disco Help too. 

Oh yeh, I've done it before on NORMAL shards.  Unfortunately, the first overseer is a paragon at this point.  I've tried and died many times on him.  For the other spawn in the Exodus dungeon, there is a needed piece of equipment I didn't have - a change of underwear.  You walk into the dungeon only to get swarmed by 30 creatures nearly at once.  Probably the smartest use of your YOUNG status is to finish the SW quest before it expires.

I'll give it a try again once my tamer can bond something that can tank a bit.  My tamer is really the one that needs the SW credentials.

Razor can certainly start the game, but you really do need to install the custom client just because of the massive amount of artwork changes.  I use the SUO Launcher myself - works fine.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 07:20:40 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2022, 09:02:51 PM »
Wow  first 2 min and I did something wrong.    look like I have two art design going while using razor.    I kept getting block by invisible object and cant get in the mage shop :(  let see what I did wrong

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2022, 12:57:26 AM »
Basically every city is different from OSI layouts.
Most cities have a fortress at the hub of the city - so without the new art files - you won't walk far.

It is really interesting with all the town changes. I like it, but can't imagine the hours of work involved to change all that.

3 Unique features here that make playing easier:
-Double-click on gold in your backpack to send it to the bank
-There is a quest with Rufus in New Haven for travel assistance - do it!
-There is another way to open your bank box from anywhere which is from a quest I think - though I haven't found it. Keep a supply of water in your bank - and food if you don't have magery on that character - then as you get hungry/thirsty you can open your bank and get some food and drink without traveling back to town. When you get too worn down your stats suffer.

"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2022, 02:11:00 AM »
Nice to wee you  guy.
Back atcha! :)   

Can Razor start the game?
Yep! I set it up with Razor with no issue.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2022, 04:47:42 AM »
Heritage (OSI Clone) which is run by the guy (Dan) running ServUO had a lot of issues as well. He fixed them on Heritage but not sure if he moved those fixes to the ServUO package or just Heritage.

From what I have been playing around with here at home with a ServUO server - a few fixes make it into the TrueUO github that is publicly accessible, but even those haven't made it into the ServUO master in a year or more.

I fired up 4 servers: pub57, pub57.1 (a couple fixes there, but the content is too old for my goals), servuo-master and trueuo. At the moment I have my version of servuo-master running the best so far. Pub57 had a few things that were functional which are broken in servuo-master. I have made it through making all of TerMur and Stygian Abyss dungeon fully functional and have a checklist for the steps documented to get to that point.

TerMur/SA do not work to decorate or even have complete spawn in servuo-master (entrance quest doesn't function even), while trueuo has the entrance quest functional, but for claiming to be OSI compliant - they changed the quest questions and answers, but the world populating has all the same errors of servuo-master. So from my standpoint, I do not think much from Heritage makes it back to servuo-master in the past 1-2 years.

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2022, 08:15:58 AM »
I manage to get the game started with razor.   Brain fart, Can't figure how to install the new graphs.    Here what I see, when I try to open the application.    I follow the simple instruction and still nothing.   Help.

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Capture 1.JPG
Capture 2.JPG

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2022, 08:23:56 AM »
TG,
What are those pictures from?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2022, 08:32:51 AM »
So Ghost, did their loader spend a bunch of time downloading all the client content?  In your D:\UOVnV\ directory should be a copy of UO with all the artwork changes?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 08:34:43 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2022, 01:43:23 PM »
only file in my folder are the 3 that I extract

The first 2 pics are from the UOVnV application.  when I try to open it.   

@ TMN:  I haven't see any file loaded yet.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Capture 3.JPG

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2022, 03:18:44 PM »
What version of Windows are you using, TG?  Almost seems like once you run the UOVnV.exe file it is preventing you from anything else.  Curious if you need to run that with administrative access or also have a VPN running?  For me, all I did was run that and it started to download an whole patched client into a "UO VnV" directory that I put in the same location as the main downloader.  From your picture, you seem to be missing some artwork for the window which makes me question your Windows version or your present version of .NET you have installed.

Hopefully Tidus might have some additional recommendations for you.

P.S. I attached what my screen looks like including the directory that contains the client information deployed.  It's just off my desktop.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
uovnv_install.png
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 03:25:03 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: