Author Topic: Old Player Dragged Back In..  (Read 795 times)

Offline typofunkTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • typofunk has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Old Player Dragged Back In..
« on: March 10, 2022, 09:30:07 AM »
Currently on production shards, but my last login was like 2007. So, a LOT has changed. Like the population. And gargoyles and pirates and weird event changes to towns. Anyhoo! I need to work on some characters and make a decision to stay or go to a freeshard. I hope you are all well and safe and having a great day. If not, I hope you have a manageable day.

Let me expand on my low effort post...

I played UO from 1997-2007 on Catskills and Atlantic. Mostly Catskills where I was in a bunch of RP guilds and generally had a good time until Star Wars Galaxies and then WoW took most of the players I knew. I played WoW until the end of Cataclysm and dropped in a couple times since, but I feel like I outgrew that game. Now, in my 40s, I'm looking backward to the sandbox that was UO. Before this I even tried Runescape, but that felt too young for me as well. My wife, however, is playing SWG on a decently populated free server (though the population is mostly macroing).

Anyhow, I'm hoping to catch some lightning in a bottle again, even knowing you can never go home again (my keep is long gone and when I left I deleted all 6 characters hoping I was done - haha jokes on me). So, unless I get the bug to do a totally different experience in Outlands (which is possible considering the changes on production are almost as large as Outlands save the map)... My goal is to wander Catskills like it's a post-apocalyptic wasteland and accrue gear and gold for the sake of grinding for the thrill of it.

Anyhow, that's me. Games not the same, but I need to scratch this itch.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 09:38:24 AM by typofunk »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Old Player Dragged Back In..
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 10:18:12 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline typofunkTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • typofunk has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 11:38:19 AM »
Thank you! :)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 01:07:52 PM »
Welcome to SUO! You will get the hang of prodo UO long before Outlands. I am not knocking them because they have a good thing but way more to learn there as the differences are staggering. Skills have been altered or completely changed. They have aspects and many other things that boost skills as well.

Tags: