Author Topic: 1st time poster, long time UO'er  (Read 708 times)

Offline soconTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • socon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
1st time poster, long time UO'er
« on: March 18, 2022, 07:00:52 PM »
Hello All!

I hail from California and have been playing UO since about 1998. I still have my cloth map and pin!   This was back when there was just a Pacific shard for us on the west coast.  I stopped playing eventually when other games took interest and I started generating offspring.  Then in the early 2000's I found the wonderful world of UO emulation.  I have run my own SphereServers and RunUO Servers for my household as, before Minecraft hit, the kids loved the multiplay and openness of the game.

I assume everyone here likes to tinker with programming and scripting?  I once built a bot for a Web game called Grepolis that provided stats for our guild in a Skype chatroom.  It even used an API to call to Cleverbot to give the bot a personality and be interactive.  That was built in Python and was a great learning experience for me.

Now I find myself learning OrionUO and its javascript engine.  It's a great combo of gaming and tinkering now!  I have quite a few scripts I've built to date and look forward to sharing them here.

-Socon

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: 1st time poster, long time UO'er
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 08:54:49 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: 1st time poster, long time UO'er
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 04:30:48 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

I love Orion and it's features. I am still learning how to script with it but that is half the fun.

Tags: