Author Topic: UO always brings me back!  (Read 1342 times)

Offline dozenrlTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dozenrl has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Watercooler Discord Server
UO always brings me back!
« on: March 12, 2022, 01:57:28 AM »
Hi! Name is Dozen,

Thanks for putting all the work into this site that many of you have, wild. I think I speak for everyone when I say we are grateful.

I have played UO on and off since 1999, I picked it up for $1 during UO:R when I was 10yo, and every month, had to buy another $1 game disc because my parents would not allow their credit card etc online.

I stopped playing OSI a few months into ML, I just got onto other games, girls and the like. But over the years I have always come back, to freeshards. Alexandria (the EasyUO shard) was a main, and now I am onto some others. That said, during my days on OSI I played on Baja, in H20 the guild, we moved shards a few times allying with PVP! on Atlantic, and Drachenfals. Ventrilo was the main VOIP, and forum sigs were all the rave.

I don't know a ton of coding but like many others can hobble my way through fixing one, usually.

I will be here and active as a community member because UO just holds my heart close, and tbh so does anybody else that plays UO because.... people who never played UO, in my experience won't even "try" UO, because of the "graphics" failing to realize the complexity of the games internal systems checks etc making UO players - imo the best people on earth because they (we) *GET IT* lol.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read! Appreciate all the work put into this again, thank you.

Offline Scotch_Tape

• Activity:
    0%
  • Scotch_Tape has no influence.
    • View Profile
Re: UO always brings me back!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 03:17:01 PM »
Good to see old friends on outdated internet video game forums! 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 03:51:52 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline dozenrlTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • dozenrl has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • Watercooler Discord Server
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 08:52:45 PM »
Good to see old friends on outdated internet video game forums!

The legends are true. Time moves forward but not for Tree Wizard's. Sending good vibes, man. It's been a minute.

Hi Gimlet, thanks for doing that so quickly, I read the "This is a good introduction" gulped and thought, well, maybe one day I will get access. My fingers are not that strong anymore. Haha.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 03:32:45 PM »
lol

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 03:42:54 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 05:59:38 PM »
Ah, Tree Wizard.....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Scotch_Tape

• Activity:
    0%
  • Scotch_Tape has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 08:44:02 AM »
I have a sweet Tree Wizard sig from like 10 years ago, but haven't figured out how to make it work. In 10 more years I may be able to share it with you guys. 20 years from now I may look up this bit coin and figure out how it's any different than internet on cd rom.

Tags: