Author Topic: Glad to be back and enjoying UO  (Read 758 times)

Offline FixedBitTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • FixedBit has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Glad to be back and enjoying UO
« on: January 04, 2023, 06:55:55 PM »
I am a returning player and looking into seeing what is going on and my googles brought me here and wanting to learn more.

There is so much that changed since I last played and sadly I have forgotten a lot. I am honestly hoping looking at some of these scripts will refresh my memory and maybe just teach me something new!

I am so glad that there are still people helping and making stuff for UO (or so from what I can tell) because this is a game I do not want to see officially die (as in OSI) so I am trying to get back into it old school style and not actually join a freeshard. I do believe those have their place for those who enjoy it but I always wanted "the real thing" I guess...

The sad part to all of this is I was a companion in the early years and forgot so much of what I knew.

I joined in the late 90s, I assume 98 but I know it was before 2000. I played a lot and really knew this game well back then. I guess getting old takes so much from your brain!

I do find a lot of stuff out there with good info but a lot of it is for freeshards and I want to get good stuff going to make OSI fun for me. Back years before I was not making enough money to keep a paid account but I could still login with the forever program which was nice! I had a wild hair one day to check it out and nostalgia flooded back into my mind and I setup a paid sub so I could see my entire bank and actually get a house again! I found one on Great Lakes and even though so many people are playing on Atlantic, GL is not dead!

Anyhow keep up the great work and thanks for keeping this forum and tools alive for us!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 07:01:24 PM by FixedBit »

Offline TheHotSauce

• Activity:
    0%
  • TheHotSauce has no influence.
    • View Profile
Re: Glad to be back and enjoying UO
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 07:14:18 PM »
Im not a mod or anyone with power to life restrictions, but welcome homeboy!

Side note, Ive gone from 90 Taming to GM today using Cyberscappers Bard and Taming script.

Offline FixedBitTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • FixedBit has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 08:26:17 PM »
Im not a mod or anyone with power to life restrictions, but welcome homeboy!

Side note, Ive gone from 90 Taming to GM today using Cyberscappers Bard and Taming script.

Hey hey and that is fine! I am just glad you were able to get taming leveled up! I have a tamer among other things I need to relearn so that will be fun!

Got any tips on playing a tamer, heck feel free to PM me if you feel like chatting or add me on Discord, Geek#0001

Thanks for the reply!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 09:46:32 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 03:13:25 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: