Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 620 times)

Offline FishBRTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • FishBR has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi everyone
« on: January 04, 2023, 03:04:08 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to UO in general, I have played it in the past, but always casually and without much progress. Lately me and my cousins thought about giving it another go and started looking for free shards. We found UO Outland, which is somewhat famous. I've been always the trammy PvE player and the PvP intense shard full of pks was a bit much for me unfortunately, despite loving everything else they done.

UO always felt like a bucolic, cosy and heartwarming place, where I was able to, sometimes, just  contemplate, take a stroll, help a fellow friend in need, interact with ppl and above all, relax. I'm not pretty sure why, maybe because I'm getting old, but most games now days, with some rare exceptions doesn't really click for me. While I do enjoy some like Terraria, The Forest, Elder Scrolls (Oblivion, Skyrim), Stardew Valley, I was missing the MMORPG element a lot. I've tried the new mmorpg from amazon, New World and it was tedious to say the least. Got boring pretty quickly... that WOW MMORPG formula that popularized the genre isn't something that I really enjoy.

I give it another try and found another shard called UO Alive, which I'm loving very much. This shard is bringing all the good memories back and I'm so glad that I did try UO one more time. Now the shameful part... the scripts. As a challenge, and to save some clicks on repetitive tasks, as training some skills and so on, I've write some very inefficient and clumsy scripts, so I came here searching for enlightenment. Hopefully I'm not a lost cause XD.

Thanks for having me, and I wish a very good year for everyone.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 05:50:13 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 02:06:14 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: