Author Topic: Former UO "Used Tower Salesman"  (Read 851 times)

Offline SmiddyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Smiddy has no influence.
  • Havent played since the 90s, now on UOF
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Former UO "Used Tower Salesman"
« on: January 06, 2023, 05:09:00 PM »
Hello peoples!
My name is Smiddy and I just recently decided to check out UO again. UO was my first MMO and really my first online game. I started early 1998, I believe. I was a newly minted teenager then.  My 44k free dialup was enough to play (mostly). I played on mostly Sonoma before 3d was released and had a few toons across other shards. I started doing more online gaming but had given up UO by 2000. Around 2009 (I think) An xbox friend of mine convinced me to try out WoW. I started that round WoLK and played until MoP came out. Way too many changes and I lost interest in it. I tried a few others briefly, but only having a base model Macbook I was a little limited on what I could run. After that, I spent years mostly running FPS games on consoles due to a lack of a PC, but I just built myself one this year. Unfortunately, along with adult money comes with adult responsibilities and I dont get to use it nearly as much as I thought.

On UO, I spent the power hour on various harvest/craft skills and and GM just about every skill at one point or another. Due to my amazing internet I ended up spending a lot of time in warm, fuzzy Trammel after it was created. I was not fortunate enough to have UO Assist, so everything was manual. I didnt even understand hotkeys and macros so there was a lot of clicking. Now I can at least pretend I know what I am doing. 
After GMing multiple skills on multiple characters on multiple shards manually, I feel I could use some help with the little tasks that must be done some absurd amount of times to see any gains.  Even something simple that prevents me from having to click so many times would be a blessing

In just about every MMO my main adventuring character is usually a support role such as a healer and I have other toons for various roles, but I always have to have one just for mischief. My main source of income back on UO was finding IDOCs and open plots, placing and selling houses. That doesnt seem as viable now so I am going to be working on a tamer when smithing gets too boring. When I am not working on that toon I can most like be found mining East(ish) of Minoc. Come say Hi! ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

I was a bit bummed I couldnt retrieve my original account on UO (What is the 25 year anniversary gift? lol) So now I am playing on UO Forever.  :D

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Former UO "Used Tower Salesman"
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 05:20:20 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 05:29:22 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline SmiddyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Smiddy has no influence.
  • Havent played since the 90s, now on UOF
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 05:31:17 PM »
Thank you for having me  ;)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 11:45:58 AM »
On Sonoma I had a rather successful stint as a realtor as well.  I lost track of all the places I sold over the months that I was doing this.  Actually the realtor thing was pretty much the last thing I did on UO before I started my scripting adventure.  I was looking for some of the pictures that I'd post online-I have them somewhere.

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
sonomaliltower.bmp
sonomatower.bmp
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 11:58:31 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: