Author Topic: Hey Guys!!! Old Player Returning  (Read 596 times)

Offline DougpromoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Dougpromo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hey Guys!!! Old Player Returning
« on: January 12, 2023, 08:44:39 PM »
Hey all,

I just saw that I need to do a detailed introduction....so here goes....

My name is Jeff and I started playing UO about 25 years ago, before trammel even existed.  Back in the day when you would take a pack horse outside of town to cut logs then a PK would nail you AND the packy on your way back to town and all your hard work went right out the window. 

I always played as a mage for the years I played and it was about all I knew, plus my crafting chars.  But all hunting was done with ebolts and energy vortexes.  In them days, we only had I think 8 dungeons to hunt and ancient wyrms were actually something to be feared.  Needless to say, UO has definately changed quite a bit from them days.

Then about 3 years ago, I came back for about a 3 month run.  During this time, I learned how to tame and hunt with a cu sidhe and I also learned the ways of a sampire character.  UO was a whole new experience for me and mostly due to me being introduced to easy uo.  With a background in progamming (Visual Basic and ASP), I obviously loved the idea of being able to script my all time favorite game to help with raising skills and making gold.   Unfortunately, covid came along and I left UO again as I had to focus more on my business.

Which brings me to today.  I finally made it back to UO a little over a month ago.  And while I still love the game for gameplay sake, I have also fallen in love with scripting (which was introduced to me by my brother who has a lot more UO experience than I do).  I have written a few smallish scripts so far and am starting to bite into a much larger project with hopes of sharing with the community and getting feedback along the way.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Guys!!! Old Player Returning
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 06:12:53 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Guys!!! Old Player Returning
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 12:48:41 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: