Author Topic: Hellooo  (Read 2891 times)

Offline VexxevTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Vexxev has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hellooo
« on: May 08, 2023, 11:28:47 AM »
Hi all,

Swear on of the most enjoyable things about UO is creating and writing scripts so Im looking forward to learn from the experts round' these parts :)

Post Merge: May 08, 2023, 11:50:29 AM
So not gonna lie, with no prompt or warning of what is required to gain access I hope this isnt going to "sit around for a few days" so hopefully this gives a better intro to gain entry in looking how others have over come some challenges I've been having.

Im not really sure what to say as sitting here typing out well meaning and thought out introduction to a blank screen is foreign to me. I guess So I guess I'll pose questions and provide answers as that seems to be a better approach!

How long have I played UO?
I started when I was 8 or 9 years old, it was a blast. My parents found a free server that was family focused where we all could play together. Was an awesome shard because they had a kid status where they couldnt die/be attacked so we were able to freely explore the world and learn all the awesome lore.

What drives you to scripting?
Besides some the roadblocks not thought of back in the day, the tedious of some aspects become more like a job which is about the time I start to lose interest. A game should be fun, and thats my goal with my scripting - I'll even throw in some winsound tunes to create my own alerts. Besides all that, I find solving a problem to be so enjoyable, unless I get stuck which is often times I reach out for help.

What role do you normal play in UO?
I've tried alot of different builds, but inevitably am always drawn back to Bard/Tamer. For me it offers the best utility and is usually appreciated when helping others.

What other games do you play?
All sorts, RPG's to MOBA's. Used to say this alot "you name it, I've gamed it" I love trying out different aspects of games and finding out what makes them all tick. Though I will say I'm constantly drawn back to the old school G's - gimme some Everquest over Fortnight anyday

Any other thing you'd like to share?
I hope this satiates the requirements as there are some people out there who aren't great at introducing themselves so to ostracize a group of people from the wonderful world of UO scripting is sad. Regardless for your reasoning, Im hoping this community helps shows me a welcoming environment to help me learn from the pro's.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 11:50:29 AM by Vexxev »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hellooo
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 01:11:32 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Awesome intro! I am an old fart and got into UO in 2000 when I was already just about 30 so love hearing people talking about experiencing it as a kid. I grew up on consoles, UO was entirely unique to me because I had never played a game with others like that.

Offline VexxevTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Vexxev has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 01:22:29 PM »
Thank you!

That's awesome though cause you have the experience to step back and have a unique perspective of watching a game continue! New age gaming to todays gaming are two completely different beasts that you gotta respect equally and understanding where they come from can help keep pushing innovation!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 01:41:47 PM »
Jus to reply to your last part about our requirements, this may help you understand our reasoning. Its all good though!  ;D

No one has to have a perfect introduction but so many people only make their intro and maybe a couple of posts when they need help. People here have put a lot of time into the scripts so at least this way people have to do something other than make an account to have access to all of the scripts. UO is dying as are most sites like this. We still have a community and one of the reasons is the introduction. You have to share something and get the ball rolling. Its not to exclude but try to include and get people to actually join our community. Once you see what we have going on here and the help that is available here, you will see why it is a thing. I had to go back and add to my introduction as well. http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=9420.msg81128#msg81128 I went from being a noob and not knowing how to script to being able to write and mess up scripts with the help from SUO. It has been a great ride. I am glad I had to write the intro because it got me talking here. I am not sure if I even have hit 100 posts on EUO lol.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 08:58:40 AM »

WELCOME!

Tags: