Author Topic: Format Introduction  (Read 1308 times)

Offline FormatTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Format has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Format Introduction
« on: October 15, 2023, 06:37:54 PM »
Hello, I am Format.  I started playing UO in 98.  I havent really played since shortly after age of shadows was released. 

Every now and then I get the itch to play and write scripts, but I have only ever used the EasyUO site.

I was looking for more scripts to play with and found this site.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Format Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 07:51:40 PM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 11:56:32 AM »
Hello, I'm Format, a software developer with a strong passion for crafting code and exploring virtual worlds. My journey into the world of software development began at a young age, driven by a deep curiosity about how computers worked. As I grew up, this interest led me to pursue a degree in Computer Science, where I learned to transform my fascination into a full-fledged career.

Beyond my professional life, I've always found solace and excitement in the realm of Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPGs). These games offer me a unique blend of adventure, strategy, and camaraderie. When I'm not debugging code or designing software solutions, you can often find me immersing myself in the intricate narratives and challenging quests of the MMORPGs I love.

One of the things I enjoy most about MMORPGs is the opportunity for both solo and collaborative experiences. These games require me to think strategically, adapt to ever-changing scenarios, and communicate effectively with my fellow players. It's a perfect extension of the problem-solving skills I use daily in my development work. I've also dabbled in creating custom add-ons for some of my favorite MMORPGs, enhancing the gameplay for myself and fellow adventurers.

For me, the dual life of a software developer and MMORPG enthusiast is a harmonious blend of technology and creativity. I find that my time spent in virtual realms recharges my creative spirit and provides a unique perspective on user experience and engagement. This synergy between my professional and personal interests not only fuels my career but also allows me to connect with like-minded gamers, sharing our collective enthusiasm for virtual adventures and the ever-evolving world of software development.

Offline Scotch_Tape

• Activity:
    0%
  • Scotch_Tape has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 12:51:30 PM »
Hello, I'm Format, a software developer with a strong passion for crafting code and exploring virtual worlds...

Not my business, but I find this interesting as it's the first truly lazy way of using AI I've suspected.  This is based off https://undetectable.ai 

On one hand you think, why would anyone go through the trouble of using AI to generate "My Introduction" on a small community of people playing a game so old and outdated the average player is playing because they Played a decade ago and the only requirement is telling more than a couple sentences about yourself... but then on the other hand you think, this is a community of people who automate a game so old and outdated they have literally automated every aspect of this game from shearing sheep to end Game Boss content and PvP to a certain extent.  This dude is the Donald Trump of SciptUO I think he's either way screwed up or playing 4D chess, I don't know epic post though.

Format if you really do talk like AI then my apologies, I'm new using this AI Detection tool so it may say that about everything I don't know I dig up pipes for a living with heavy equipment. 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 01:04:46 PM »
In a way I guess it is AI.  I typed up a few paragraphs and put it through Grammarly here at the office to improve spelling and make it more legible.  It also adds a lot of fluff words to make it sound more intelligent than I really am.

This is a forum based on programming and scripting so I would have assumed software assistance would have been acceptable.

I basically said the same stuff in my first post that everyone else says. "I use to play UO"  "I like scripts", I just didnt do it in as many words.  So I figured might as well run it through Grammarly to make it sound better, and take up more space.

Offline Scotch_Tape

• Activity:
    0%
  • Scotch_Tape has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2023, 02:05:32 PM »
Well I'm not one here just lurk around so I don't mean any criticism, more just joking. I could see how I could come across as abrasive with the lazy comment, but just because I can't find better words (Probably could use AI help if I'm honest) so anyway, from someone else just poking around I'd like to say hi and I'll be rooting for you to get access bud!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2023, 03:56:00 PM »

lol

Thanks for your expanded introduction - restricted status lifted - we hope you enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2023, 03:09:42 AM »
Welcome to SUO! There really is no need to use AI or Grammarly for an intro. Coding is nice as this is a scripting site but the big reason for the introduction is to have people hopefully talk about themselves and their passion which is UO. What they like to do, the templates they use, and hopefully become a participant. Most come in, grab some scripts, and the only communication is asking for help and then they are on their way seldom to be seen, even more seldom to be heard. Most members have post counts that can be counted on one or maybe two hands.

Tags: