Author Topic: The Dark Knight  (Read 11155 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
The Dark Knight
« on: August 04, 2008, 10:49:25 PM »

A little late with this one, sorry.  Probably everyone has seen it already, so there's not much that I can add.  However, for those who haven't seen it yet, this movie is just about the best money you can spend for 2 hours 30 minutes of entertainment that's still legal.  There's a few points that drag, however they are sparse.  I got to see it in IMAX, so if you have the capability I recommend it.  It's been a long time since I've wanted to go see a movie again in the theatre, but we'll be headed back to another IMAX showing.  Last time I can remember a multiple viewing of the same movie was LOTR1 and Crouching Tiger Squatting Dragon, oh and the Kill Bills.

For the effects, story, acting and finally a villain who's just bad without a backstory I give this movie my near highest rating, 4.5 possums.  

Morgan Freeman, get well soon BTW.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:50:48 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Knight
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 11:59:41 PM »
Best Batman movie so far. Heath Ledger rules as the Joker, never expected him to play his role that good, again Cristian Bale makes a intimidating Batman, and Morgan Freeman just brings a little humor to it all. I'd give this movie a 9/10, why not 10/10, just cos i felt it was 30mins too long...
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:51:01 AM »
I haven't Seen it yet... Prob This weekend we have a theater you can drink in over by me :P

Offline acidburn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • acidburn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 09:58:18 AM »
people have said anyone can play the joker as its an easy character, but to convince people you're a super villain psychopathic genious took some good acting.

Offline JackCiaran

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JackCiaran has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:11:06 PM »
This movie was awesome! One of my favorites but I bet IMAX would have been amazing =( its just to far away from where I live

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 12:17:03 AM »
This movie was awesome! One of my favorites but I bet IMAX would have been amazing =( its just to far away from where I live

Well, we've got tickets to go see it again in IMAX for Wednesday evening!  Yehaw.  Even the little one loved it; I kinda thought it would be too "dark" for an 11 year old, but she amazed me.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 04:58:41 PM »
You know, the best thing about IMAX isn't necessarily the video, but the audio quality is just great.  One would think it's too loud, but with the clarity, all that power is directed properly.  IMAX has always been about the sound system for me; loverly.  Anyhow, 2nd time was as good as the first.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bullmoose has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 04:11:12 AM »
Yes By far the best Batman movie ever. Jack Nicholson was goos as the Joker. But he wasn't evil good like Ledger was.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »
I've been inspired to see it again tonight! All around great movie that should be in AFI's top 100 easily.

Tags: