Author Topic: BS Archery Trainer - Dual Client  (Read 17940 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
BS Archery Trainer - Dual Client
« on: December 04, 2009, 03:14:27 AM »
Code: [Select]
;===============================================================
; Script Name: Dual Client Blade Spirit Archery Trainer
; Author: Cerveza
; Version: No version.
; Shard OSI / FS: ONLY tested OSI
; Revision Date: 11 May 2010
; Public Release: v1.2
; Purpose:
;   To train Archery to GM using 2 clients.
; Requirements:
;   An archer with some (~6) store bought repeating crossbows
;   A LOT of bolts
;   A second account with a mage capable of casting blade spirit
; Thanks:
;   Roadkill for the original concept of this script
;   EN for the client swapping tips

This script is to help you train archery. If you can get to 50 doing the Haven quest, you can put on 30 Jewelry to get you to 80 and you will gain all the way to 120 (without Jewelry) using this script.

It requires 2 accounts.

Account 1 - Your Archer in training
Account 2 - A mage who can cast Blade Spirits, wearing a 100% LRC preferably. You can also use scrolls, but would have to modify the script a bit

Setup.... Load your Archer char and load the script. Then start a second client using UOXL on EUO. Log in your mage on the second account.

Get to a spot that you can cast and shoot to, but targets can't reach you. The script is setup to use a boat. Just find a quiet shoreline and make sure your archer is within range of the ships hold if your pulling arrows from there.

Run the script. You'll be asked for a few setup things, like what type bow your using, which char is your archer and which is your caster. Then your caster will cast one blade spirit, this is to get the target position for his casting.

The archer will see the blade spirit and attack. He will use Divine Fury at the beginning of each blade spirit to speed up shooting (and gains). If a bow is broken, he will equip another from his pack.

I recommend store bought repeating crossbows.

Got me from 105-118 over night. Had to load bolts a couple times. I loaded 6 quivers (3000 bolts) that lasted less then 5 hours.

Make sure you start with the TRAINER client! That way you can target your weapon.

Only thing untested is pulling ammo from the ships storage.

TODO: toggle out of combat when out of ammo in the hopes of recovering some.

Post up your issues and comments.

Added new version

v1.2 fixed loading ammo from container

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
BSAT12.txt
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:52:43 PM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
Re: BS Archery Trainer - Dual Client
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 01:47:21 PM »
Working version is up. Make sure you start the script with the TRAINER client active.

Ima leave this here for us to use first, but later put it out to everyone.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:01:42 AM by Cerveza »
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 07:29:10 AM »
One word:  Fan-fricking-tastic.

This script is blazing fast for training archery.  I strongly recommend all guild members training archery use this instead of golems.

:)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 08:01:32 AM »
Did you get a chance to use the ships storage for ammo? That's really the only untested part.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 10:32:42 AM »
Not yet - I've only been able to acquire about 5k bolts, which I could hold (2.5K at a time)

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 01:46:49 PM »
Cerv - a suggestion:

When the script detects 'out of ammo', have it toggle out of combat mode for several seconds to recover arrows/bolts before halting.  I just did this and got 612 back =D

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »
Good idea, I'll put it in.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 08:00:06 PM »
it has been about five or six years since i used raodkills trainer with blade spirits and I just fired up this new version and it is really nice.

Did not seem to pull from the hold of the ship but it otherwise worked great and the client swapping was tight!!!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 10:26:37 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, the ship hold was the only untested part... I'll look into it :)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 05:34:56 AM »
no worries.  i am still training so i would be happy to test more additions if u change anything.  You still train for a long time as is!

When, you run out it sits in the recover period for a long time.  I hope i was not just being impatient but it was for a long time.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 07:03:40 AM »
Did you wait longer then 30 seconds? I put that in to recover arrows...

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »
Did you wait longer then 30 seconds? I put that in to recover arrows...

yeah bu tit could be getting stuck in a loop.. haven't looked at code.  I get the pop up telling me it is waiting to recover and when i am not in the room it just sits there this morning even though i never ran out of bolts.  Not sure if that is lag based.  lost conn twice today so that can be a sign of a bad day.  I wasn't getting teh box at all last nights with hours of on end training
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:20:44 AM by _C2_ »

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »
Fixed the problem loading ammo from ships hold. Just keep the container open and it will load ammo when required.

Offline REEFHAWK

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • REEFHAWK has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 04:35:30 PM »
I have not trained Archery in a real long time.  I found this and am giving it a try now.  it is really nice.  I started out with 50 Real Skill and 50 Skill on hat and jewels.  I have been training less than 30 minutes and have already gained 8.3 Archery Points plus, Points in Tactics and Anatomy. Thanks soo much for letting us use this.   ;D

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 05:25:29 PM »
Np at all, glad it's of use.

Make sure to post your results, both positive and negative.

Tags: Cerveza